Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

jet flys with one wing-video

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

jet flys with one wing-video

Old 09-21-2016, 01:32 PM
hmjets

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default jet flys with one wing-video

Great skill and amazing emergency landing
may be a gyro helped to fly the plane??
At jet power 2016.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dxcB3PSduwY

Last edited by hmjets; 09-21-2016 at 01:59 PM.
Old 09-21-2016, 02:48 PM
erh7771
My Feedback: (30)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Which jet is this?

tia
Old 09-21-2016, 02:53 PM
roger.alli

And what happened to the wing?? Was it a midair??
You are correct. Amazing skill to keep it under some sort of control.
Old 09-22-2016, 08:48 AM
hmjets

Old 09-25-2016, 02:55 AM
JohnMac

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Whilst you are aplauding the obvious pilot skill, I would just point out that this barely controlled model was flying directly towards the crowd (including me) and landed about 20 metres from flight attendants at the other side of the runways. The pilot has a duty of care at all times, towards those around him. Clearly this guy had more ego than brains. He had acres of grass to safetly dump the model in and probably with less damage too.
John
Old 09-25-2016, 03:28 AM
Jgwright

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnMac
Whilst you are aplauding the obvious pilot skill, I would just point out that this barely controlled model was flying directly towards the crowd (including me) and landed about 20 metres from flight attendants at the other side of the runways. The pilot has a duty of care at all times, towards those around him. Clearly this guy had more ego than brains. He had acres of grass to safetly dump the model in and probably with less damage too.
John
John

I was not there, was this one a number of similar planes being flown and did the organisers ground the others following the wing failure?

John
Old 09-25-2016, 04:03 AM
Henke Torphammar

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Jgwright
did the organisers ground the others following the wing failure?

John
Yes they did. They were very clear that landing a plane like that is NOT acceptable. (in German on saturday morning)
Old 09-25-2016, 05:13 AM
JohnMac

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I cannnot remember seeing that type fly again after that.
Old 09-25-2016, 03:51 PM
roger.alli

John
Good point!!; which was not immediately obvious to me on watching the video..
Old 09-26-2016, 10:12 AM
Carsten Groen

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

John
+1 !!
Old 09-27-2016, 04:37 AM
David Gladwin

Received 141 Likes on 90 Posts

John
John, I absolutely agree. For some time I have been advocating UK jet fliers to fly at a reasonable distance from ALL persons, pilots, spotters, whoever. I argue that the minimum distance should be the CAA advisory distance of 50 meters at ALL events.

After Shoreham the CAA has considerably increased fly-past distances at full size air shows, but that is AFTER the disaster. I strongly advocate looking after our own safety BEFORE we spoil our safety record. If we don't we might not like what we are forced to do by regulation.

We have had our warnings, the Gripen break up, this Avanti. (or whatever it was), a canopy separating from a big Hawk, which could have taken the fin off, my near disastrous fin failure with my big Hawk, mid air collisions to name few. We need to learn from these. Keeping a safe distance is a start !

....and if anyone should doubt that things can go horribly wrong, even in the best regulated and managed organisations, be advised that Martin-Baker, the world leader in ejection seats, and who have saved 7,500 lives including mine, are being prosecuted by the HSE after the Red Arrows. uncommanded seat firing and death 5 years ago. That deeply saddens me.

David.

Last edited by David Gladwin; 09-27-2016 at 04:41 AM.