Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Crickets....

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Crickets....

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2020, 09:11 AM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

Looks like it's "cricket time" again.
At least, this time anyway, we don't have to deal with "pop up" ads
Old 02-12-2020, 12:23 PM
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Hydro Junkie
EVERYBODY has EVERYBODY on ignore! LOL

Astro
Old 02-12-2020, 01:19 PM
rcmiket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I’ve moved on to other forums RCU has seen its better
days.
Mike
Old 02-12-2020, 04:05 PM
astrohog

Originally Posted by rcmiket
I’ve moved on to other forums RCU has seen its better
days.
Mike
Yep. About 15 years ago!

Astro
Old 02-12-2020, 05:54 PM
RCUer75345
Banned

19 days left in the NPRM comment period. That's the most important thing right now...
Old 02-13-2020, 06:29 AM
IBJoel

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

As of 6am Pacific time, we have over 200 members online, so I'm not quite sure why the talk of "no one is on here". To say that (all forums, not just RC-related) forums were more active 15 years ago is accurate, because of the changing landscape of the internet. Facebook wasn't invented 15 years ago, Instagram wasn't around 10 years ago. The nature of sites changes, but I can assure you RCU is quite active, having thousands of unique monthly logged-in users (and I know, I pull the stats).
Old 02-13-2020, 08:56 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by IBJoel
As of 6am Pacific time, we have over 200 members online, so I'm not quite sure why the talk of "no one is on here". To say that (all forums, not just RC-related) forums were more active 15 years ago is accurate, because of the changing landscape of the internet. Facebook wasn't invented 15 years ago, Instagram wasn't around 10 years ago. The nature of sites changes, but I can assure you RCU is quite active, having thousands of unique monthly logged-in users (and I know, I pull the stats).
Gee I'd sure like to give this post a "Like" , but since we ruffians in the AMA subforum can't be trusted with the like post button , I guess we'll just have to press on without it .....
Old 02-13-2020, 10:26 AM
Hydro Junkie

Originally Posted by IBJoel
When we use the term "crickets", it just means that no one has posted in any of the AMA forum threads in a few days, not that the forum is without activity.
Old 02-13-2020, 12:18 PM
astrohog

Active, relevant, and, “seen its better days”, are three different things.....

Astro
Old 02-14-2020, 08:35 AM
mach5nchimchim

At least, this time anyway, we don't have to deal with "pop up" ads
Don't worry, I'm back to drop my RC knowledge on you knuckleheads...
Old 06-15-2020, 09:25 PM
Hydro Junkie

Anyone have something to quiet the "crickets"? It seems that, once again, everyone is "typed out"
Old 06-16-2020, 03:35 AM
rcmiket

RC Universe is pretty much on life support now.

Mike
Old 06-16-2020, 04:06 AM
Hydro Junkie

I don't think I'd go quite that far but several areas of the airplane forum sure seem that way.
Old 06-16-2020, 06:22 AM
rcmiket

The only time I bother to visit here is when I get a notice,

Mike
Old 06-16-2020, 09:29 AM
jcmors

It really is strange to me, the lack of activity here. The forums are really well organized and finding things is easy. Not sure how one would raise awareness.
Old 06-16-2020, 09:47 AM
Propworn
My Feedback: (3)

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Could it be the constant bitxhing about tbe AMA by the same half dozen or so that haunt the AMA threads? Leave them to it as there are many other interesting topics. When they only have each other and they all chicken little together there's not much to discuss.

I wonder how long before they start to feed on each other LoL

Old 06-16-2020, 01:15 PM
Hydro Junkie

Originally Posted by Propworn
Could it be the constant bitxhing about tbe AMA by the same half dozen or so that haunt the AMA threads? Leave them to it as there are many other interesting topics. When they only have each other and they all chicken little together there's not much to discuss.

I wonder how long before they start to feed on each other LoL
You just don't get it, do you. Those of us that have been labeled "anti AMA" or "Franklin's Minions" are neither one of those. What we actually are is a group of like minded people that expect certain things for our money and can see those expectations are not being met and, in this case, it's not even close. IF the AMA was doing what it was founded to do, be a clearing house of information, an insurance source and place to find local clubs, you wouldn't see this and other threads. In fact, there probably wouldn't even be an AMA sub-forum. Instead, the AMA has become a museum, a flying site and a lobbying group that lobbies for itself rather than what it was chartered to be, an organization that supports flyers. Since it has evolved into an organization that now looks after itself first and the member second, wastes it's funding on frivolous pet projects and doesn't listen to the members or their wants/needs, there is going to be those that want to expose it, as well as the powers that be, to the members. Those that either can't see that or, in your case, just like to stir the pot, are the reason these threads become "adversarial" when it doesn't have to be. Those of us that understand the issues won't be seen, as you put it, feeding on each other. We may not agree on everything but we are working toward a goal while you seen to only be working on creating animosity and kaos
Old 06-16-2020, 02:01 PM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

........ we are working toward a goal while you seem to only be working on creating animosity and kaos
And that's why I no longer respond to any of his posts .

"If a Troll trolls in the woods in obscurity , with no one responding , does it still make a sound ?"

Old 06-16-2020, 02:27 PM
Propworn
My Feedback: (3)

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Junkie are you even an AMA member? If not how is it your money? Working towards a goal by bitxhing instead of doing by the whole six of ya. Gota ask hows it been working out for ya so far? LOL

I didn't realize pointing out the obvious was spreading animosity and kaos.

Last edited by Propworn; 06-16-2020 at 02:31 PM.
Old 06-16-2020, 02:28 PM
Hydro Junkie

Originally Posted by init4fun

"If a Troll trolls in the woods in obscurity , with no one responding , does it still make a sound ?"

I figured his last post was a good one to respond to since I could show him that us "minions" actually do have a goal. What I don't know is if the air is thinner at the higher latitudes in the same way it is at higher altitudes
BTW, did you notice how he responded? Nothing he said was constructive or positive. I guess he is a troll. I just looked up troll and guess what I found? Here's a definition of the term troll:
A troll is a class of being in Norse mythology and Scandinavian folklore. In Old Norse sources, beings described as trolls dwell in isolated rocks, mountains, or caves, live together in small family units, and are rarely helpful to human beings.

Later, in Scandinavian folklore, trolls became beings in their own right, where they live far from human habitation, are not Christianized, and are considered dangerous to human beings. Depending on the source, their appearance varies greatly; trolls may be ugly and slow-witted, or look and behave exactly like human beings, with no particularly grotesque characteristic about them.

Trolls are sometimes associated with particular landmarks, which at times may be explained as formed from a troll exposed to sunlight. Trolls are depicted in a variety of media in modern popular culture.

Last edited by Hydro Junkie; 06-16-2020 at 02:35 PM.
Old 06-16-2020, 03:57 PM
flyboy2610

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by init4fun

The ignore feature is a wonderful thing! I no longer have to endure the flying pig, either. Life is good.
Old 06-16-2020, 04:19 PM
astrohog

Anyone have something to quiet the "crickets"? It seems that, once again, everyone is "typed out"
Actually, that is what happens when the, "good ole boy club" members have been backed into a corner with the facts and asked direct questions that they know if they answer will prove them to be the hypocrites that they are. Go back and check the history of these threads, they always go silent when the trolls are backed into a corner. Quite interesting, really!.

Astro
Old 06-16-2020, 04:22 PM
astrohog

Originally Posted by Propworn
LOL. so misguided you are........
You know what they say......ignorance is bliss!

Astro
Old 06-17-2020, 01:13 AM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

well, the quiet was nice while it lasted...
Old 06-17-2020, 03:19 AM
Hydro Junkie

Actually, it's still quiet. Just a matter of ignoring the troll

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.