Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

** Digitech Central Telemetric Unit for Jeti **

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

** Digitech Central Telemetric Unit for Jeti **

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2018, 01:31 PM
ww2birds
My Feedback: (14)

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

What he said :-) ... looking forward to it .. when do you think it will be available for sale?

Dave
Old 04-06-2018, 10:39 PM
digitech
My Feedback: (10)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

good question..
as we speak i am receiving 10 final prototypes next week.
these will be field tested for a week , none stop in a few different models with different engines.
if those are ok , i am having the first batch made and ready for sale..
for the USA these will be exlusive distributed by Danny at Aeropanda.
at the same time we are still developing , and happy to say we will be supporting officially the new Powerbox Core.
Powerbox Core support will be done in 4 quarter this year.
Old 04-07-2018, 02:13 AM
Ceeray

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Sounds good. I will have a twin vt80 setup in my su-27 and this unit with speed sensor would fit my needs perfectly.
Old 05-01-2018, 04:56 AM
Carsten Groen

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Ceeray
Sounds good. I will have a twin vt80 setup in my su-27 and this unit with speed sensor would fit my needs perfectly.
Twin engines are of course supported by the CTU. When setting one of the CTU as device 1 (device 0 is the "master" CTU) it will only report engine data whereas the "master" CTU will report engine data as well as G force and Altimeter.
Old 06-11-2018, 10:16 PM
digitech

Default CTU Almost done Release 3 quarter 2018

Sneak Preview
now has Jeti intregation..

Old 06-11-2018, 10:27 PM
LA jetguy

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Sandro... That’s excellent news... so glad to see Jeti device explorer integrations. Makes adjustments so much easier.. wished you could incorporate a “speed sensor” into the CTU and called it “CTU plus”

David
Old 06-11-2018, 10:54 PM
digitech

Originally Posted by LA jetguy
Sandro... That’s excellent news... so glad to see Jeti device explorer integrations. Makes adjustments so much easier.. wished you could incorporate a “speed sensor” into the CTU and called it “CTU plus”

David
you see the Extra ports? ;-) there is where the IAS can be connected as a extra.

Last edited by digitech; 06-11-2018 at 10:59 PM.
Old 06-11-2018, 11:00 PM
LA jetguy

Originally Posted by digitech
you see the Extra ports? ;-) there is where the IAS can be connected as a extra.
Yes of course I see the high speed ExBus ports ).... would be nice the IAS was incorporated into CTU.. so we could plug dynamic tube to CTU directly .... maybe Ver 2 of CTU.. )
Old 06-11-2018, 11:04 PM
digitech

Yes of course I see the high speed ExBus ports ).... would be nice the IAS was incorporated into CTU.. so we could plug dynamic tube to CTU directly .... maybe Ver 2 of CTU.. )
;-)
Old 06-11-2018, 11:05 PM
Carsten Groen

We selected to make the IAS outside as there are different types of speed versions available, makes it easier to just have one version of the CTU that way. You simply select the max speed by selecting the correct SB-IAS.
This also makes the CTU much smaller (less thick) to keep the IAS sensor outside. Hope it will do the trick for most, it even lets you place the IAS closer to the Pitot
Old 06-11-2018, 11:06 PM
digitech

Originally Posted by Carsten Groen
We selected to make the IAS outside as there are different types of speed versions available, makes it easier to just have one version of the CTU that way. You simply select the max speed by selecting the correct SB-IAS.
This also makes the CTU much smaller (less thick) to keep the IAS sensor outside. Hope it will do the trick for most

yes! what he ^ said ;-)
Old 06-11-2018, 11:19 PM
LA jetguy

Got it ... I guess we will stick,the SB-IAS (1280 kph ) on top of the CTU...

Looking forward to install the unit in my next jet ...

Thank you for sharing the good news you got last week
Old 06-11-2018, 11:35 PM
digitech

Got it ... I guess we will stick,the SB-IAS (1280 kph ) on top of the CTU...

Looking forward to install the unit in my next jet ...

Thank you for sharing the good news you got last week
thats a Firm speed! make sure you order also the GPS makes it easyer to find it back later ;-)

Sandor
Old 06-11-2018, 11:40 PM
LA jetguy

Cool

thats a Firm speed! make sure you order also the GPS makes it easyer to find it back later ;-)

Sandor
Maxed out the 480 Kph... works real well

Old 06-12-2018, 08:46 PM
rskiba
My Feedback: (16)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RCISFUN
The older Jet Centrals use Xicoy, not so for the SE power pack versions of the last two years, they utilize Jet central proprietary communications interface.
If one has the Jet Central telemetry to Jeti EX Bus module for the new SE versions, will that work with your unit?
Old 06-12-2018, 10:04 PM
digitech

Originally Posted by rskiba

If one has the Jet Central telemetry to Jeti EX Bus module for the new SE versions, will that work with your unit?
Hi if you have allread have a JC to EX converter it means you have allready some telemetric functions available.
i have looked on the jetcentral webpage bt could not find a manual for their telemetric device.
our CTU has a direct connection to most turbines.
i have written a couple of emails to jetcentral but unfortunately i never got a response back , so at this point we do not support them.
at least not the SE versions , the older ones have a different ECU wich is supported by us.
so at this point you can not enjoy the full intregation our CTU has to offer , where other manufacturers where glad to help.

br Sandor
Old 06-21-2018, 09:00 AM
Edgar Perez
My Feedback: (13)

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

Hi
so there will be a adaptor available for older Jetcat V6 / Projet and FADEC ecu with 8 pin RJ connector.
Where can we buy the adaptor for older Xicoy ECU (Phone style connector)? What is the price?
Old 06-21-2018, 09:29 AM
digitech

Originally Posted by Edgar Perez
Where can we buy the adaptor for older Xicoy ECU (Phone style connector)? What is the price?

price will be about 15 euro for the adaptor , it will be also available
we will have one for Older jetcat V6/projet and old FADEC
Old 07-06-2018, 05:08 AM
Carsten Groen

So, I was doing some more testing of software and system today. During the test, I decided to shoot a small video of a ultimate setup
It consists of a RSat2 receiver, my SB-EXT2+2 (2 x Expander ports + 2 x Servo outputs), 4 x CTU, 1 x Jeti MAlti, 1 x Jeti MRPM HALL, 1 x Jeti MBar and 2 servos!
All driven by a DC-24. This setup has 68 sensors in the system (you can only show 40 of these simultaneous on the screen, but all can be used from LUA scripts, alarms etc) and delivers data from 4 turbines, G force, Altimeter, Fuel consumption/reserve in tank,

Video is here:
Old 07-10-2018, 12:11 AM
digitech

here is a Video explaining the CTU and its new support for Jeti Device Explorer.

Old 07-10-2018, 05:34 AM
LA jetguy

Sandor.... It looks great... when will Aeropanda have the CTU?... what’s the final weight of the CTU

David
Old 07-10-2018, 08:01 AM
digitech

Sandor.... It looks great... when will Aeropanda have the CTU?... what’s the final weight of the CTU

David
im just waiting for the enclosures to arrive.
rest is done!.
let me tell you the weight later ..
Old 07-10-2018, 08:01 AM
digitech

Fuel factor calculation and programming.
Old 07-12-2018, 08:19 AM
ww2birds
My Feedback: (14)

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Sandor,

That is incredibly impressive. The most comprehensive Lua extension I've seen, and some really nice functionality!

It really shows when the devices and the code are done by people who actually fly which is why the user-extenisble systems (like Jeti with Lua) are the only way to go. I hope the other radio manufacturers are paying attention.

I wonder what the PowerBox gang is doing with user extensibility with their new system..

I have my pre-order for the CTU in to Danny at Aeropanda and am excited to get mine :-) And looking forward to reading the lua code to get schooled!

Dave
Old 07-12-2018, 08:34 AM
digitech

Originally Posted by ww2birds
Sandor,

That is incredibly impressive. The most comprehensive Lua extension I've seen, and some really nice functionality!

It really shows when the devices and the code are done by people who actually fly which is why the user-extenisble systems (like Jeti with Lua) are the only way to go. I hope the other radio manufacturers are paying attention.

I wonder what the PowerBox gang is doing with user extensibility with their new system..

I have my pre-order for the CTU in to Danny at Aeropanda and am excited to get mine :-) And looking forward to reading the lua code to get schooled!

Dave
Credit goes where credit is due!
the Lua was written by Daniel Maiorano (designer of the CG wizard and the Angle & Throw) he flys jets also ;-)
the Code for the CTU , Device Explorer and the Hardware design was Written and designed by Carsten Groen , he did many designs, long time friend and we allready did some stuff together.
and we are doing much more Stay tuned!.
the Design of the CTU box was designed by Lars Nielsen , also a Great Friend , CAD designer and jet jocky.
i am just the guy who comes with the idea , bring them all together have the parts made and maintain contacts.!
we had many more Help from Distributors and Jeti we could not have done the Explorer part without being "supported" by Jeti factory.

Powerbox.

About Powerbox , we have been involved with the Core Telemetric desiogn for some time now , we are working closely with them.
we will do our best to have the same Layout done for the Core , because like you said this is the way it should be.
we are in "talks"with another big company , but we said upfront we want full menu access , and not "emulate"a bunch of sensors..

thanks for the nice words!.

Br Sandor

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.