Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Pluses/Minuses of Two Radio Choices

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Pluses/Minuses of Two Radio Choices

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2020, 04:53 AM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

I do not care for the feel of jeti at all. Flown many different planes with it and simply don't like it. But that is MY opinion so in the end its what you like. I still use my old trusty DX18 and don't have any need to really move on from it. I dont need the transmitter yelling my airspeed and crap the entire flight like some of these jeti aircraft ive flown. I can see what the model is doing its just a distraction . From what I have seen though the PB core radio is probably the best radio around and that is coming from me who does not care for the power box bling. That being said if I was forced into a new radio it would be the IX20 because I have so many great friends I can call at anytime to help if I have an issue. Support is a big thing. I am not one that needs it often but when I do its nice to have.
Old 05-29-2020, 05:23 AM
swk550
My Feedback: (76)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I too had flown JR for years. I owned a few Spektrum. Both brands were fairly easy to program. Advanced programming features were old school and limited. My pattern buddies were all flying Futaba 18mz radios. Bought one and loved the flight conditions method of programming. Was easy to set up jets. Tried a Jeti 24. I did not like the programming method nor the feel of the radio. Sold the Jeti and kept the Futaba. I wish I had test flown the Jeti first before buying. Do you know someone who has this Spektrum? Any chance to get a hands on test flight on an airplane? It may help in your decision. For me the feel of the radio, smoothness of the sticks is important. Hopefully your field will have someone who can help with programming. Otherwise Spektrum maybe the best option for you if it feels good in your hands.
Old 05-29-2020, 05:58 AM
wildnloose

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

"I do not care for the feel of jeti at all. Flown many different planes with it and simply don't like it." I can respect that, some of my friends say the same thing.
" I dont need the transmitter yelling my airspeed and crap the entire flight like some of these jeti aircraft ive flown. I can see what the model is doing its just a distraction ." Well, that's the beauty. You don't have to turn it on. Or you can put it on a switch and play it only when you want. I like using the accelerometer in this instance. Just tilt the transmitter over and it tells me the telemetry. Currently I do not have it on, but will set it up (probably this next week).

My radio before Jeti was a JR 9303 with a Spektrum module. Loved that transmitter, loved the feel. But I needed something more. Stumbled on a great deal on a brand new Jeti (well, bittersweet. A good freind has passed away. Would rather have him around than buying his transmitter). So I decided to try it out, test the technology. Love the technology, love the quality. As for the feel, well, its ok. Its not the best, but it doesn't bother me either. Not sure exactly what they can do to make it better. The sticks and switches are in a good place for me so its not an issue. I have both the DS16/24 and the DC16/24. I like the size of the DC (wider) but I now fly only the DS (like the accelerometer more). As for programming, no issue for me (I'm not special nor a genius). To me its not as hard as some say here. But its similar

We have all brands at the field. Basically its 6 and one half dozen. In this hobby you always seem to find people who will go out of their way to help, no matter what. As for what radio to get. That's a hard one. I say to go with what you feel is best. I did not worry about not having anyone at the field who can help me with my Jeti radio (there are only a few people who have one). So far I have gotten all the help I need from online (so far). Either from forums or Esprit or Jeti website (good support). Most people fly Spektrum because that is what is mostly represented at out field and help is a short distance away.Horizon has excellent support too. Still some Futaba, FrSky, FlySky, Tactic, etc..
Old 05-29-2020, 06:42 AM
ECalderon

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

In my club, 5 years ago all the peaple that flew expensive planes (jets-warbirds) flew with Spectrum and Futaba. Today, most fly with Jeti an Core, with only a few still flying Futaba and planning to change to either of those two brands. Those that fly Jeti and Core are very happy.
Jeti es known to have many gadgets to measure telemetry, and the Core not so much yet. However a new device appeared in the markets that serves as a bridge between the Jeti compatible gadgets and the Core, this make the advantage that the Jeti had over the Core to be practically eliminated.

Regards
Eduardo
Old 05-29-2020, 10:25 AM
ZB

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Unless any other brand can do ANYTHING like Jeti can I would not even consider them.
Jeti has one of the most mature and fully developed systems, next one would be PB Core.
I really wish well to other companies, but look even Spektrum cannot keep stock levels. :-( 90% Sold Out
https://www.horizonhobby.com/categor...Grid1_11152018

How is that possible that in 2020 Futaba does not even have servo balancer, how can you sell 16+2 channel radio for $3000.00 and call it 32MZ They JUST announced model match, it's 2020

And that's from somebody who's paycheck depends on it, we do not sell and support we do not eat. As simple as that.

150+ Videos
https://www.espritmodel.com/jeti-video.aspx

Jeti:
System Integration
Jeti Studio PC/MAC Computer Support
Wireless Programming
Stabilization, Power Redundancy...
3rd Party Device Support and Integration
100+ Sensors and integrated devices
Wireless Switches
Transmitter Gyro/Accelerometers
..... and that's only the beginning

Last edited by ZB; 05-29-2020 at 10:28 AM.
Old 05-29-2020, 10:29 AM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

Oh Lord here we go again, time to grab some popcorn
You can put as much crap as you can think up in radio but all it boils down to is signal strength and controlling servos.
Still havent found something I cant do in my radio yet that prevents me from flying a model, but that's the best thing about having options buy what you want.

Last edited by FenderBean; 05-29-2020 at 10:35 AM.
Old 05-29-2020, 10:38 AM
Auburn02
My Feedback: (1)

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by ravill
Dave Wilshire is for core kinda like ZB is for jeti! Ha!
I was literally about to reply "well let's hope we don't have to hear from him in this" and then I got to the end of the thread.
Old 05-29-2020, 10:47 AM
Bob_B
My Feedback: (11)

Received 82 Likes on 71 Posts

Every radio has it strong point/s and we all gravitate towards a certain feature/s. If you have an open mind to learning a different way of doing thing you will pickup the Jeti programming differences quite easily.
It is a quality built radio with quality components. Jeti features more telemetry devices that are simple plug N play, with accurate readouts. It is supported by third party developers. The highly acclaimed Cortex Pro is integrated into the system for easy Tx programming.
The radio has amazing flexibilty to suit the owners needs and desires.
Do yourself a favor and spend some time with someone that uses Jeti and knows the radio well to get an idea of all it's capabilities/ flexibility before you make a decision
Old 05-29-2020, 10:54 AM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

Ha!

To the OP, ZB needs to go to charm school, no doubt, but ZB isn’t Jeti.

And in terms of stock, look at the DS-24 thread, started by me I might add, and how long I waited for a DS-24. So ZB, let’s not throw that stone from our glass house!

Hmm, let’s be helpful for the OP. He asked for pluses and minuses. Since I fly jeti, I admit my bias and my ignorance in many things, especially spektrum and core, I shall list some pluses and minuses that I’ve experienced with Jeti.

Pluses

Free software updates, including upgrading Tx’s from 16 to 24 channels
A gaggle of gadgets, not the least are all telemetry gongles (I made that word up!)
Very powerful programming, including open source so that ANYONE can write and share these programs
Every switch can be moved, changed and used for just about anything you want
Jeti has been around FOREVER and have been know for quality products
900 mghz back up! I’ve never used it, but it makes me feel warm and fuzzy

Minuses

Programming can be difficult to understand in a logical way
Too many options sometimes, ie analysis paralysis

Things like how, it feels in your hand, are too subjective and really only can be evaluated by the beholder.

More to be added as I edit and remember them!
The following users liked this post:
CraigG (05-30-2020)
Old 05-29-2020, 12:10 PM
T_CAT

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Transmitters are a difficult choice because there are so many variables involved, many of which are subjective. Although only you will know which choice is best for you, hopefully the above posts from others aid in your decision making process, as well as some of my comments below.

When looking for a new transmitter, which I have recently done, I considered the following below:

- Do I prefer a top screen or bottom screen, and does it matter?
- Do I think the brand will be in business for the foreseeable future, and what type of customer support do I want/need?
- Do I like the quality of the components and ergonomics of the radios I'm considering?
- What hardware and software features are important to me, and which are not?
- How easily available are accessories to purchase and how often are they stocked?
- What is the experience of the whole ecosystem like, and do I like how they are integrated?
- What aftermarket products are compatible with the radio brands I am considering, and do they have integration into the system, and does that matter to me?
- Do I prefer a more pre-mapped programming system, or one with assignments created/mapped by me?
- What receivers are offered, what is their channel count, telemetry capabilities, offer of built-in/internal gyro, expansion, voltage range, and price?
- Do I care for a monochrome screen or color, and touchscreen or non-touchscreen?
- What is the battery duration like, are there larger capacity batteries offered for enhanced battery duration, what is the battery chemistry, and how does it charge (estimated charge time, is an adapter needed to charge it if one doesn't come in the box, etc.)?
- Can I take apart the transmitter backing rather easily to gain access to components if needed, can I update/upgrade simple parts (switches, etc.) without voiding my warranty, and do I need to send it to the company for any small repairs that I'm capable of doing myself?
- What size aircraft do I plan to fly now and into the future, does the brand offer power distribution, binding and use of second/backup receivers of the same or different frequencies, and how easily does that integrate into the ecosystem?
- Do I want and/or need Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, etc. available for use in the transmitter?
- Do I want a transmitter that has an OS that functions strictly for aircraft model control use, or do I want an OS that is built on Android for additional uses like using the internet to browse, etc.?
- Does the material of the TX case make a difference in holding it in the weather conditions I plan to use it in.
- How loud is the speaker for voice output in noisy environments if I do not plan to use earphones?
- After watching videos, seeing friends program their brand of radios, and reading manuals, do I feel confident in programming the radio(s), do I care if friends at the local field have a specific brand radio in case I have further questions, and do I agree with the overall prgramming logic of the OS.
- Does the brand provide updates/upgrades to receivers and sensors in a timely fashion, are the updates worthwhile, and how easy it is to update.
- Does the transmitier weight matter, how does it balance with a neck strap, and do I prefer to use a neck strap or shoulder harness with the radio due to the weight and weight distribution?
- For the price, do I find value in the what the system offers for all it contains, the channels needed, etc.?
- What additional accessories are offered that I may find useful to own?
- After research, do you feel comfortable with the signal strength, use for your application(s), and can you log various data like signal strength via the TX for analyzing later?
- Is there a popular following for exchange of information regarding the radio and programming to easily research questions you may have, whether that be forums, videos, etc.?

The above questions were just a few of what I considered before choosing a new transmitter, but hopefully it helps in your search. Good luck with the choice you make.

Last edited by T_CAT; 05-29-2020 at 02:25 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by T_CAT:
felker14 (05-29-2020), NoggietheNog (06-06-2020)
Old 05-29-2020, 01:14 PM
patf
My Feedback: (4)

Received 54 Likes on 46 Posts

Mark

Weren't you a futaba guy before?

I went Jeti and am programming a jet now and I really do not think it is all that complicated. I have not gotten into the telemetry but do not anticipate any issues. Lots of positives on the Jeti is they actually have some cheap receivers and accessories for my foamy park planes too so I don't feel hammered trying to have a goofaround plane or want another tx for that.

Saying all that if I were buying today i would really think hard about the Core, but time will tell if they will offer all the side items that jeti has available.
WIth the oncoming storm of FAA changes, it may be easiest to pick up a JR X14 and call it a day till things settle. With Tom's experience with spectrum I would think twice about that.
Glad you are getting back in, we can wear our 20 year old Shreveport jet rally shirts
Old 05-29-2020, 01:51 PM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

For getting a feeling of what Jeti is capable of, or learning ways to program it, there is this resource by an independent Jeti user (me !) not sponsored by or with any commercial link with Jeti https://youtube.com/user/cotswoldpilot

Last edited by HarryC; 05-29-2020 at 02:21 PM.
Old 05-29-2020, 01:53 PM
tp777fo
My Feedback: (28)

Received 126 Likes on 87 Posts

JR XG14 is a great radio. Easy programming and now that the new JR is alive they have parts. The range I had on my JR XG14 was amazing. Now that I have gone Jeti I will stay there.
Old 05-29-2020, 02:08 PM
pcskyhi

Originally Posted by T_CAT
Transmitters are a difficult choice because there are so many variables involved, many of which are subjective. Although only you will know which choice is best for you, hopefully the above posts from others aid in your decision making process, as well as some of my comments below.

When looking for a new transmitter, which I have recently done, I considered the following below:

- Do I prefer a top screen or bottom screen, and does it matter?
- Do I think the brand will be in business for the foreseeable future, and what type of customer support do want/need?
- Do I like the quality of the components and ergonomics of the radios I'm considering?
- What hardware and software features are important to me, and which are not?
- How easily available are accessories to purchase, how often are they stocked?
- What is the experience of the whole ecosystem like, and do I like how they are integrated?
- What aftermarket products are compatible with the radio brands I am considering, and do they have an integration into the system, and does that matter to me?
- Do I prefer a more pre-mapped programming system, or one with assignments created/mapped by me?
- What receivers are offered, what is their channel count, telemetry capabilities, offer of built-in/internal gyro, expansion, voltage range, and price?
- Do I care for a monochrome screen or color, and touchscreen or non-touchscreen?
- What is the battery duration like, are their larger capacity batteries offered for longer battery life, what is the battery chemistry, and how does it charge (charge time, is an adapter needed to charge if one doesn't come in the box, etc.)?
- Can I take apart the transmitter backing off rather easily to gain access to components if needed, can I update/upgrade simple parts (switches, etc.) without voiding my warranty, and do I need to send it to the company for any small repairs that I'm capable of doing myself?
- What size aircraft do I plan to fly now and into the future, does the brand offered power distribution, binding and use of backup receivers of the same or different frequencies, and how easily does that integrate into ecosystem?
- Do I want and/or need Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, etc. available for use in the transmitter?
- Do I want a transmitter that has an OS that functions strictly for aircraft model control use, or do I want an OS that built on Android for additional uses like using the internet to browse, etc.?
- Does the material of the TX case make a difference in holding it in the weather condition I plan to use it in.
- How loud is the speaker for voice output in busy environments if I do not plane to use earphones?
- After watching videos, seeing friends program their brand radios, and reading manuals, do I feel confident in programming the radio(s), do I care if friends at the local field have a specific brand radio in case I have further questions, and do I agree with the overall prgramming logic of the OS.
- Does the brand provide updates/upgrades to receivers and sensors in a timely fashion, are the updates worthwhile, and how easy it is to update.
- Does the transmitier weight matter, how does it balance with a neck strap, and do I prefer to use a neck strap or shoulder harness with the radio due to the weight and weight distribution?
- For the price, do I find value in the what the system offers for all it contains, the channels you need, etc.?
- What additional accessories are offered that I may find as useful to own?
- After research, do you feel comfortable with the signal strength, use for your application(s), and can you log various data like signal strength via the TX for analyzing later?
- Is there a popular following for exchange of information regarding the radio and programming to easily research questions you may have, whether that be forums, videos, etc.?

The above questions were just a few of what I considered before choosing a new transmitter, but hopefully it helps in your search. Good luck with the choice you make.
Best post ever!
felker14 (05-29-2020)
Old 05-29-2020, 02:44 PM
Woketman
My Feedback: (6)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

OK, I need to get up on the Jeti learning curve. Is there a forum devoted to Jeti questions? Like our turbine forums? Could not find one here: https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rad...ct-support-52/ Why is there no Jeti stuff there?
I am not concerned one bit about the need to learn a new programming technique. You gotta recall that I was MPX Profi for many years - THAT was a capable radio! And yes Pat, I was Futaba before and after MPX.

Questions that I have:
I guess the "12" in, say DS-12 does not mean the number of channels as it looks like you can get 16 out of it?
I definitely want the 900 MHz back-up. Are there 2.4/900 receivers? Or must you buy a 2.4 RX and a separate 900?
Can you use satellite RXs to be placed around the aircraft?
Looks to me like the DS-12 can be had with up to 16 channels (enough for me) and has 900 MHz. Any reason why I would want more?
What do jet guys typically use? One prime RX with a few satellites? 2 or 3? One of them a 900?
There is no local club any longer, Katrina destroyed the people and the places, we never recovered R/C-wise. So there is no one local that I can try out their Jeti or Spektrum TXs. I am not opposed to buying one and simply returning it if I really can't stand something.
Old 05-29-2020, 03:00 PM
T_CAT

Originally Posted by Woketman
OK, I need to get up on the Jeti learning curve. Is there a forum devoted to Jeti questions? Like our turbine forums? Could not find one here: https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rad...ct-support-52/ Why is there no Jeti stuff there?
I am not concerned one bit about the need to learn a new programming technique. You gotta recall that I was MPX Profi for many years - THAT was a capable radio! And yes Pat, I was Futaba before and after MPX.

Questions that I have:
I guess the "12" in, say DS-12 does not mean the number of channels as it looks like you can get 16 out of it?
I definitely want the 900 MHz back-up. Are there 2.4/900 receivers? Or must you buy a 2.4 RX and a separate 900?
Looks to me like the DS-12 can be had with up to 16 channels (enough for me) and has 900 MHz. Any reason why I would want more?
What do jet guys typically use? One prime RX with a few satellites? 2 or 3? One of them a 900?
There is no local club any longer, Katrina destroyed the people and the places, we never recovered R/C-wise. So there is no one local that I can try out their Jeti or Spektrum TXs. I am not opposed to buying one and simply returning it if I really can't stand something.
Below are two threads, one for the DS-16, and another for the DS-24. I'm not sure if there is a thread for the DS-12, but the programming information you'll receive from the other two will likely be what you would need for it since it would be done in very similar fashion.

DS-16:
Jeti-duplex-ds-16-2.4-ghz

DS-24:
Jeti DS-24

There are also threads on RCgroups in the radios section for all Jeti radios, and some threads for the receivers like the Assists (the Rex receivers with built-in gyro).
Old 05-29-2020, 03:01 PM
Desertlakesflying
My Feedback: (28)

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Two choices.... A radio for people who know how to do proper setups and don't need training wheels, and all the rest that always bash one brand.
Old 05-29-2020, 03:03 PM
T_CAT

Originally Posted by pcskyhi
Best post ever!
Thank you!
Old 05-29-2020, 04:27 PM
causeitflies

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

Questions that I have:
Jeti has a test drive program if you want to try it out. If you liked MPX programming then Jeti would be no problem. I had an Evo before the Jeti. I glanced at the Jeti manual a few times a few years ago but can't tell you where it is now. Some guys like pre-programmed functions in the radio. With Jeti there are many ways to accomplish the same thing and when you start playing around you discover more and more. There are massive threads on the powerful programming as guys are always coming up with new ideas that others have never even dreamed of and there are tons of support from Jeti and user groups.
Here is another excellent resource; https://www.rc-thoughts.com/
Old 05-29-2020, 04:56 PM
jsnipes
My Feedback: (3)

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

In addition to the videos on Esprit’s YouTube page, this guy also has a lot of them that are very well done. Honestly, pretty much all you need to know is on this page. https://www.youtube.com/user/cotswoldpilot/videos

I flew JR/Spektrum since the inception of 2.4GHz and was a little worried about the learning curve, but to be honest there are 2 or 3 things that you just kinda need to know and everything else is very straight forward. I fly turbines and so having 900 MHz is something that I hope that I never need but want to have from a safety standpoint. The flexibility that Jeti gives you is outstanding. You can make it as simple or complex as you want ... a typical jet setup is not any more complicated than Spektrum once you go through it ... the videos help a lot. The products by Digitech and Bavarian Demon are well integrated. Already available LUA scripts add functionality that is near limitless.

I’ve been flying Jeti for my jets for about 2 years now and the more I fly it it the more I love it. I simply didn’t know what I was missing.

I still fly a DX-9 for BNF and other planes and I’m a big Horizon hobby advocate. So ... I’m not brand biased. Their team of field reps and customer service are legendary. Enough said.

But for jets, I fly Jeti so I’m gonna talk more about it. If you decide on Jeti, I highly recommend contacting Danny at AeroPanda. Excellent service/support before and after the sale ... he has always taken care of any question about programming, integration, etc very quickly.

I like heavier radios ... comes from the “real” JR radios back in the day, e.g. 12X. They oozed quality, as does the Jeti 16 and 24. (I’ve never held a 12 so I won’t comment on it). Billet machined aluminum case. There are no higher quality gimbals. People make fun of the way Jeti’s look ... to me they feel way better than they look like they would. I fly 2 fingers and it feels great. I think it feels even better for thumb flyers, but I don’t fly thumbs. This is one thats truly a personal opinion. I love the way the DX-9 feels but always hated the way the DX-18 and especially the DX-20 felt but I got used to it.

This is what the inside of a quality radio is suppose to look like:

That’s a pic of a DS-16 (not DS-24), but DS-24 is same way. Everything in its place. Attention to detail. I’ve never seen the inside of an IX-20 ... may look better, may look worse. I know how the DX’s look.

On Jeti, you can swap out any of the switches yourself with whichever of the many available options that are available in order to customize the Tx to your needs/preferences. I LOVE having a locking 2 way switch for turbine on/off, gear up/down, and Rx on/off. The remote Rx switch is one of my favorite features even though it doesn’t seem like a big deal. I’ve heard the gen 2 DS-16 is coming out soon and will have 900 MHz capability but that may or may not be accurate.

The ability to log antenna strength AND “Q” (2-way digital packet confirmation) during the flight and review it later is what I like best about the system. I don’t have to wonder about my link to my Rx ... I have the data and I know it. Logging things like amps, etc are also invaluable to ensure that surfaces such as flaps or gear doors, etc are not drawing too many amps. The CTU from Digitech allows for excellent turbine telemetry and on-screen monitoring of all functions (no need for GSU on almost all startup/flights). It also give you a functional fuel gauge so you don’t have to rely on a timer ... I don’t have to wonder how much fuel I have while I’m #4 to land at a busy event ... I know exactly how much fuel I have left.

In the end, they are both competent systems and it will come down to your personal preference on the features/value that you feel is the right fit for you. You have to decide which one you feel 100% confident in on the flight line ... no one else can answer that for you. Best of luck on your decision, but you really can’t go wrong either way. Happy to answer any questions if you want to PM me, e.g. typical jet setups, etc.

JS

Questions that I have:

Last edited by jsnipes; 05-30-2020 at 05:04 AM.
CraigG (05-30-2020)
Old 05-29-2020, 06:08 PM
Viper1GJ
My Feedback: (20)

Received 330 Likes on 217 Posts

+1 to what Jamie said. I resisted switching from 18MZ for a long time but did it 2 years ago. I am now so glad I did. I'd never go back. Using so many more features and telemetry. It makes it much more enjoyable. I like tech stuff and if I can figure it out, anybody can. Danny at Aeropanda is outstanding for support and advice.

My two cents worth,
Gary
CraigG (05-30-2020)
Old 05-29-2020, 09:41 PM
camss69
My Feedback: (46)

Received 65 Likes on 51 Posts

For me the TX/RX/Telemetry is another part of the hobby. If you like the tech in it, it’s hard to beat Jeti. I also like getting quality stuff for my money and everything I’ve bought with the Jeti name on it I’ve been very happy/impressed with. It has a real quality feel to it that I haven’t had since my 12x.

IMO Jeti and Core (PowerBox) are the real leaders in the industry right now. It’s just a different experience than Spektrum/JR/Futaba, they are fine if you just want classic radio programming and features. That’s all a lot of people need and that’s fine, it’s obviously enough to fly any plane out there.

It makes me laugh when people complain about the extra stuff Jeti does. You can absolutely make it as simple as you could want to. I like messing with the telemetry/Lua/on board gyros, etc..

I do have one complaint about my DS16 however and that’s the top screen and the angle it’s mounted. For whatever reason the field that I fly at in the afternoon the sun hits the screen and it reflects into my eyes while I’m flying. No big deal I just stand at an angle or tilt the radio one way or another but it is annoying.

It won’t stop me from upgrading to the DS16 V2 whenever it comes out!
CraigG (05-30-2020)
Old 05-29-2020, 10:38 PM
pcskyhi

After JR departed the business (9303 guy) I went to Jeti (DS-16) and have not regretted that decision. I was the first one at my field with the Jeti system which was really overkill for the edf jets I was flying but the turbine guys took notice, asked a lot of questions and did a lot of touching. Now about 95% of the turbine guys at my field are flying with the DS-24. I am now a turbine rookie and now utilize a lot more features the Jeti system offers. I will say this, If the Powerbox system was around when I switched radios I definitely would have considered it. Something else to take into consideration is that Powerbox makes a lot of their accessories Jeti compatible. I give Powerbox great respect for continuing to make their products compatible with other manufacturers since they now have their own radio system. I have a new project and I am going to use the Powerbox GPS II with my Jeti system. I am also considering utilizing the new Powerbox Pioneer system on a later project. You will actually be able to program the Pioneer from the Jeti Radio.
If you go with the Powerbox system, no worries because Powerbox is making a dongle that will allow you to use Jeti telemetry accessories with your Core radio system.
If you go the IX20 you will be backed by a large community of Spektrum users and will have plenty of help not to mention the service you will get from Horizon. Also the IX20 is more economical than the other two mentioned and just as good but are just a wee bit behind in the telemetry arena but hopefully catching up. Good luck with your decision and whatever you get I am sure you will have a blast.
Old 05-29-2020, 10:54 PM
felker14
My Feedback: (50)

Originally Posted by Auburn02
I was literally about to reply "well let's hope we don't have to hear from him in this" and then I got to the end of the thread.
Thinking Dave’s true love is JR and will always be.
Power Box CORE or Jeti are the leaders for sure. I switched to CORE. I could not get past the only negative I found with Jeti and that is importer for USA.
For me the only thing that would make CORE better is if had a little more weight to it like Jeti.

Last edited by felker14; 05-29-2020 at 10:57 PM.
Old 05-30-2020, 08:52 AM
Woketman
My Feedback: (6)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

OK guys, you have me leaning towards Jeti for sure. But can someone in the know describe for me the advantages of the DS16/DS24 over the DS12? And can someone take a crack at answering these questions explicitly?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.