Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Carf rebel pro

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Carf rebel pro

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2021, 11:25 AM
AEROSHELDON
My Feedback: (99)

Received 80 Likes on 64 Posts

Yeah I menat the 777A, I actually thought the 777 (non-A) had gone away... my bad. Anyway, most servos are better than I am of a pilot LOL
Old 02-13-2021, 02:55 PM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by AEROSHELDON
Yeah I menat the 777A, I actually thought the 777 (non-A) had gone away... my bad. Anyway, most servos are better than I am of a pilot LOL
If everything is well setup and Unless you fly the same plane 2-3 time a week and become one with it.....you wouldn’t will ever feel the difference.....there’s very few exception to that rule....I wouldn’t know either....especially with Gyro ON.
Old 02-16-2021, 04:07 PM
Spencer K
My Feedback: (14)

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Hey guys, getting ready to maiden mine! When you say cg 10mm behind the wingtube are we talking 10mm behind the center of the tube or 1omm behind the aft tube diameter?
mine was green and I painted it- pics below

Last edited by Spencer K; 02-16-2021 at 04:17 PM.
Old 02-16-2021, 04:16 PM
Spencer K
My Feedback: (14)

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

The following users liked this post:
paulhat (02-18-2021)
Old 09-08-2021, 05:57 AM
chevronflyer
My Feedback: (9)

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

My CARF rep informed me the container with my Pro has arrived in the USA last week. Hopefully I will have mine in hand and start the build soon.
BarracudaHockey (09-08-2021)
Old 09-08-2021, 08:39 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

Originally Posted by chevronflyer
My CARF rep informed me the container with my Pro has arrived in the USA last week. Hopefully I will have mine in hand and start the build soon.
Glad I finally get to fly a big one
Old 09-08-2021, 08:46 AM
smcharg
My Feedback: (1)

Received 124 Likes on 83 Posts

I'm really torn between the Pro and the Max. I'm hoping to order mine in the next few months (come on big bonus at work!). It seems that both can, essentially, fly on the same size engine (looking at the K235G4). I realize that a K260 may be better in the Max, however. My goal is to have a great F3S jet without the cost of the Mephisto. I understand the Con to the size of the Max but it seems to break down easily. Other than the obvious size, is there a better reason to go with the Pro over the Max? My guestimate is the Max (assuming same engine) is actually only $1000 more. I'm really torn. I've not seen the Max in real life yet but I love the flying characteristics I'm seeing on YouTube. Thoughts?
Old 09-08-2021, 08:48 AM
chevronflyer

I’m planning to get into F3S as well and the pro seems to be a better choice for that. I watched a pro compete in person and it performed well
smcharg (09-08-2021)
Old 09-08-2021, 08:49 AM
chevronflyer

Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey
Glad I finally get to fly a big one

oh yeah ? You got one coming too ?
Old 09-08-2021, 10:53 AM
chevronflyer

Originally Posted by smcharg
I'm really torn between the Pro and the Max. I'm hoping to order mine in the next few months (come on big bonus at work!). It seems that both can, essentially, fly on the same size engine (looking at the K235G4). I realize that a K260 may be better in the Max, however. My goal is to have a great F3S jet without the cost of the Mephisto. I understand the Con to the size of the Max but it seems to break down easily. Other than the obvious size, is there a better reason to go with the Pro over the Max? My guestimate is the Max (assuming same engine) is actually only $1000 more. I'm really torn. I've not seen the Max in real life yet but I love the flying characteristics I'm seeing on YouTube. Thoughts?
I would get it in order sooner than later if you want it for next year. I ordered mine end of Jan this year and don’t have it yet. Also the price went up right after I placed my order and there is rumor it may go up again based on current shipping struggles and costs.

Old 09-08-2021, 10:56 AM
smcharg

I would get it in order sooner than later if you want it for next year. I ordered mine end of Jan this year and don’t have it yet. Also the price went up right after I placed my order and there is rumor it may go up again based on current shipping struggles and costs.
Sounds like my 8 month to receive T1. I'll give Mike M. a call and figure out what's going on. Maybe there's something on the container with yours that's available in a color a can swallow. I really wanted the Infinity scheme with a color swap but that's special order.

Thank you kind sir,
Scott
Old 09-08-2021, 11:46 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

I had to wait for my Hot in Infinity scheme and I'm glad I did, it's a beautiful jet.
smcharg (09-08-2021)
Old 09-08-2021, 01:56 PM
jvaliensi

Received 111 Likes on 89 Posts

I ordered a Rebel Hot w/ custom color the 1st week of February this year. I have not got it yet, but I understand the container made to the USA. I think I will get it before the end of September.
Elad Fish has a Rebel Max and he is an excellent pilot. Even so, it seems like the Rebel Max defies the laws of physic. I cannot believe how slow it flies and how tight the turns can be. The wing loading must be very small.
This is the one to get if you have the space. It is big and takes about 10-minutes to put together at the field w/ a helper.
smcharg (09-08-2021)
Old 09-08-2021, 02:04 PM
Dansy

Sounds like my 8 month to receive T1. I'll give Mike M. a call and figure out what's going on. Maybe there's something on the container with yours that's available in a color a can swallow. I really wanted the Infinity scheme with a color swap but that's special order.

Thank you kind sir,
Scott
‘While the Max is impressive….if I was to get a rebel for F3S it would be the Rebel Pro especially if your dead on using the 235…..it would much better suited to pattern flying type…especially with the 235
Old 09-08-2021, 05:38 PM
skymaster68
My Feedback: (4)

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

I just completed my second Pro, the first one was sold and now I got another one on the infinity scheme, also on this one i’m using a 4L kevlar tank from CmJets… after 6,5 minutes I still have half tank…
both on Kt 180G4 in my opinion there is no need for more, a friend of mine is flying his Pro on 210, another one on 190 and three of my customers are flying their max’s on 210…
this plane is so light that it wont need more power, have lights and smoke on them too...
On this one I went with JR8477 for ailerons, elevators and nose wheel, and 8911 for Flaps and Rudder, Plus a CB220 for power distribution, Unilight light system, Holly Smokes smoke pump and a CortexPro Gyro
I have an F100 on 235 and that one designed for 210…
i also’ll fly F3S with it… my field is paved at 1550ft

Last edited by skymaster68; 09-09-2021 at 03:46 AM.
Old 09-08-2021, 05:44 PM
skymaster68

Old 09-09-2021, 04:24 AM
smcharg

Dansy Definitely not dead set on the 235 for either the Pro or the Max. I've been recommended the 260 in the Max for F3S but also the person recommending said engine likes a lot of power and a 260 would be more than 1:1 Thrust to Weight. I've also been told that the Max does not want to or like to fly fast. In fact, do not try to fly the Max fast. This is what I've been told by a trustworthy source.

I know that either the Pro or the Max will fly F3S (at least Silver) just fine but it seems to me that you need thrust vectoring to get through 1 or 2 maneuvers in the F sequence to be competitive. My hope is that the Rebel will fly F3S Silver until I can afford the Mephisto with thrust vectoring and then I can be competitive with the 3 guys in the US that fly the whole of F3S here in the states (this number is solely based on the F3S Nationals competitions over the last few years). It's obvious that F3S Silver has many more pilots than F3S and is very competitive.

I feel like the Max may present better "in the box" but I don't know. I hope to find out today what is available from CARF.
Old 09-09-2021, 05:06 AM
Dansy

Dansy Definitely not dead set on the 235 for either the Pro or the Max. I've been recommended the 260 in the Max for F3S but also the person recommending said engine likes a lot of power and a 260 would be more than 1:1 Thrust to Weight. I've also been told that the Max does not want to or like to fly fast. In fact, do not try to fly the Max fast. This is what I've been told by a trustworthy source.

I know that either the Pro or the Max will fly F3S (at least Silver) just fine but it seems to me that you need thrust vectoring to get through 1 or 2 maneuvers in the F sequence to be competitive. My hope is that the Rebel will fly F3S Silver until I can afford the Mephisto with thrust vectoring and then I can be competitive with the 3 guys in the US that fly the whole of F3S here in the states (this number is solely based on the F3S Nationals competitions over the last few years). It's obvious that F3S Silver has many more pilots than F3S and is very competitive.

I feel like the Max may present better "in the box" but I don't know. I hope to find out today what is available from CARF.
All I know is the Pro I build was around the 210 and has a wide flight envelope it can fly very slowly and that one has smoke so not feather light, the Max’s I saw fly so far are like you said pretty much all flown at a slower pace not sure how it would present but I think either would work..…the mephisto is a great plane for sure…
smcharg (09-09-2021)
Old 09-10-2021, 05:06 AM
smcharg

Well boys, I stepped up. I purchased a Rebel Pro in the Infinity Scheme yesterday. There was one unspoken for in the container that just got to the US. chevronflyer , thank you for telling me to chop chop. I think you're 100% correct that there must be a price increase soon for shipping based on what I found out. Lots of others have already done it and CARF cannot absorb the price increase alone.

I'm going to have a lot of questions for y'all for sure. I'd like to start out by asking how y'all decide on the size of UAT to use. I get the weight idea but if you go too small, you could run into issues with bigger turbines. So, is there a secret formula/equation to figure out how big you need based on turbine size? i.e. 200N turbine = 200 ml UAT?

Next question is what type(s) of connectors are you using at the wing/stab/rear fuse joint for servos? My T1 came pre-done so I haven't dealt with this yet.

I haven't decided on a turbine yet but it'll be either the 210 or the 235. I spoke to Archie Stafford yesterday. Interestingly, he said that after the F3S Nationals, he took the guy that won F3S Silver's Rebel Pro and pulled off the rolling loop which is the maneuver we were all convinced needed thrust vectoring in the F sequence. He has a 210 in his so, this could get interesting.
Old 09-10-2021, 06:52 AM
chevronflyer

Well boys, I stepped up. I purchased a Rebel Pro in the Infinity Scheme yesterday. There was one unspoken for in the container that just got to the US. chevronflyer , thank you for telling me to chop chop. I think you're 100% correct that there must be a price increase soon for shipping based on what I found out. Lots of others have already done it and CARF cannot absorb the price increase alone.

I'm going to have a lot of questions for y'all for sure. I'd like to start out by asking how y'all decide on the size of UAT to use. I get the weight idea but if you go too small, you could run into issues with bigger turbines. So, is there a secret formula/equation to figure out how big you need based on turbine size? i.e. 200N turbine = 200 ml UAT?

Next question is what type(s) of connectors are you using at the wing/stab/rear fuse joint for servos? My T1 came pre-done so I haven't dealt with this yet.

I haven't decided on a turbine yet but it'll be either the 210 or the 235. I spoke to Archie Stafford yesterday. Interestingly, he said that after the F3S Nationals, he took the guy that won F3S Silver's Rebel Pro and pulled off the rolling loop which is the maneuver we were all convinced needed thrust vectoring in the F sequence. He has a 210 in his so, this could get interesting.
No f ing way ? There was a pro in the container not sold ? Go buy a lotto ticket because it must be your lucky day, I’m sick and tired of waiting a better part of a year for every jet I buy.

Old 09-10-2021, 06:58 AM
skymaster68

Well done, the Pro is a great fun, stable plane to fly, as I said, mine is built very light and with 4Lt of fuel not the 5L stock fuel tank, that's why I'm chossing the 180G4 wish is powerfull and light as the can is the same size of a 160... and after 6:30 minutes of fly time I land half tank...

For UAT I use the M.A.P 4OZ high flow, I use that also on my Mephisto with Kt320 and Eurosport K210, SU27 dual Kt 160's .... great performance, weight and cost ...

The following 2 users liked this post by skymaster68:
AEROSHELDON (09-10-2021), smcharg (09-10-2021)
Old 09-10-2021, 07:10 AM
smcharg

No f ing way ? There was a pro in the container not sold ? Go buy a lotto ticket because it must be your lucky day, I’m sick and tired of waiting a better part of a year for every jet I buy.
I was told that there was 1 Pro in Infinity Scheme (which is the scheme I had to have but would have preferred a color swap but beggars can't be choosers) and 1 Max in the Infinity scheme. The other "for stock" ones were the OEM Orange scheme that came over on the same boat as your Rebel. I do not know numbers on the OEM Orange. You're right, I did get lucky but it's rare I do. If there was a door prize given to every single person at an event, I would be the last one picked and they would have just run out. Everything I have, I've worked my tail off for.

Like I said, my T1 took 8 months so I feel your pain. I'm super excited though. Mike said it should ship mid next week because CARF USA is shipping almost the entire 40' container. I'll take 2 weeks over 8 months but, when I finally do get my Max down the road, I'll be patient and wait for exactly what I want (color scheme). I do know, however, that the delay is 100% in being able to schedule the container with the shipping company. Mike said if I ordered one custom, the plane would be done easily in 1 1/2 months but the shipping companies take the rest of the x months to accept the shipment. I guess we could always pay for air freight vs. container shipping if we wanted it in a reasonable time but I certainly don't think for a second this is CARF. I'm sure you don't either.

Last edited by smcharg; 09-10-2021 at 07:13 AM.
Old 09-10-2021, 07:17 AM
chevronflyer

I was told that there was 1 Pro in Infinity Scheme (which is the scheme I had to have but would have preferred a color swap but beggars can't be choosers) and 1 Max in the Infinity scheme. The other "for stock" ones were the OEM Orange scheme that came over on the same boat as your Rebel. I do not know numbers on the OEM Orange. You're right, I did get lucky but it's rare I do. If there was a door prize given to every single person at an event, I would be the last one picked and they would have just run out. Everything I have, I've worked my tail off for.

Like I said, my T1 took 8 months so I feel your pain. I'm super excited though. Mike said it should ship mid next week because CARF USA is shipping almost the entire 40' container. I'll take 2 weeks over 8 months but, when I finally do get my Max down the road, I'll be patient and wait for exactly what I want (color scheme). I do know, however, that the delay is 100% in being able to schedule the container with the shipping company. Mike said if I ordered one custom, the plane would be done easily in 1 1/2 months but the shipping companies take the rest of the x months to accept the shipment. I guess we could always pay for air freight vs. container shipping if we wanted it in a reasonable time but I certainly don't think for a second this is CARF. I'm sure you don't either.
yes and no that it’s Carf, prices went up to ship a container by a lot and containers are hard to come by lately so Carf is not shipping as many containers to the usa, I was told they will ship one like every three months
Old 09-10-2021, 08:11 AM
FlyJ

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

A nice rule of thumb I use is 1mL/N. 200N turbine, 200mL air trap. This generally tends to size them on the large size, but it's better to trend large on this topic in my opinion.
smcharg (09-28-2021)
Old 09-10-2021, 08:16 AM
chevronflyer

I will also be installing the k210 in mine . Having just come back from watching the F3S nationals , one thing I hadn’t considered is density altitude. I fly at sea level so the smaller range of turbine is always more than enough for me but as it gets hotter AND if I start travel ling to events I need to consider the fact that I may fly at slightly higher and much higher field elevations that are also high temp days
smcharg (09-10-2021)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.