Notices
Scratch Building, Aircraft Design, 3D/CAD If you are starting/building a project from scratch or want to discuss design, CAD or even share 3D design images this is the place. Q&A's.

New Era III from RCM Plans

Old 09-10-2018, 08:35 AM
buzzard bait

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What prop did you use?
Old 05-26-2020, 06:32 PM
OldBill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great, great job on the New Era III.

Started a build, referenced your work.
Just wanted to make you aware.
Old 05-26-2020, 08:27 PM
erans

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

OldBill - This is fantastic, enjoy your build. In a hindsight, I would build using the "New Era III Revisited" plans (https://outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=7001).

Buzzaer Bait - Apologies for the time it took me to reply, I didn't receive any notice of posts done on this thread since my own last post (until today). I used Master Airscrew 9x4.

Cheers,
Eran
Old 05-27-2020, 03:56 AM
buzzard bait

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks Eran, the MA 9x4 is what I used on my old OS 20 also. It always ran faultlessly. Power was about the same as the old Veco .19 which was a common engine for that plane. Your radio gear is probably lighter than what was used back then. Nice job, hope you're still enjoying it! Jim
Old 05-27-2020, 05:55 AM
erans

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Jim - The Master Airscrew 9x4 and the O.S. 20 are great combination. You are correct that using modern radio gear saved fair bit of weight and was very beneficial to the flying qualities. I really enjoy the New Era III and had quite a few flights with it (also it is fighting the "flying roster" with quite a few other aeroplanes).
Since building the New Era III I was very fortunate to be given an Akromaster kit (partly built) to complete the construction and to add to my collection of "vintage" aeroplanes (also I did use modern engine and radio gear). The link for my thread on that project:
MK Akromaster Build Handover

Cheers,
Eran