Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Crickets....

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Crickets....

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2017, 11:56 AM
GSXR1000
My Feedback: (7)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Crickets....

Crickets....
Old 08-08-2017, 04:47 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Old 08-08-2017, 07:03 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

Quiet down,
folks are trying to sleep here.
Old 08-08-2017, 08:11 PM
tailskid

I saw the AMA "booth" at Oshkosh......
Old 08-09-2017, 04:43 AM
GSXR1000
My Feedback: (7)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lots of the peps here are posting at RCG, I've been posting to both sites but it's pretty much crickets here now.
Old 08-09-2017, 08:31 AM
Sport_Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I quit posting because nobody was posting except those who were pro restrictions on the hobby and/or anti AMA. Or so it seemed.
Old 09-09-2017, 03:30 AM
rcmiket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe we need to bring back those who were banned to liven up the forum.

Mike
Old 09-09-2017, 05:26 AM
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rcmiket
Maybe we need to bring back those who were banned to liven up the forum.

Mike
NOOOO!!!!!

As quiet as it has been here, I do not miss those days!!!

Regards,

Astro
Old 09-09-2017, 05:57 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Sport_Pilot
I quit posting because nobody was posting except those who were pro restrictions on the hobby and/or anti AMA. Or so it seemed.
Gee Sport , I never saw a single poster here in RCU's AMA subforum upon whom I'd slap the "Anti AMA" label , and "pro restrictions" ? I never saw those posts I guess , since everyone I saw was lamenting the ever increasing restrictions being placed on our hobby directly because of the bad behavior of a small subset of flyers causing much "bad press" with their "flying cameras" .

In fact , I'd say every single one of the posters here care very deeply for the AMA itself , and only speak in negatives when they believe people within the AMA aren't working in the best interests of ALL aeromodelers , instead of working for the best interest of the AMA itself (need I recall the whole "CBO" farce that the AMA still believes means if you have no AMA card you have no "right" to fly a model airplane using our common sense safety guidelines ?)

So I close by saying I believe you "seemed" to misread a good 1/2 to 3/4 of what you were reading , and will suggest that maybe a re read will cause you to rethink those labels you appear to throw around a bit too freely ?

Last edited by init4fun; 09-09-2017 at 06:01 AM. Reason: clarify a point
Old 09-09-2017, 05:58 AM
init4fun

Originally Posted by astrohog
NOOOO!!!!!

As quiet as it has been here, I do not miss those days!!!

Regards,

Astro
Amen to that my Friend !
Old 09-09-2017, 10:26 PM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Pretty much all that can be said has been said until there is something new to talk about.
Old 09-10-2017, 01:03 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

I have to agree with Ira, the subject has been pretty much hashed out. That almost has to be the case when you don't see anything from Franklin and no, that's not a slam on him either
Old 09-11-2017, 06:41 AM
franklin_m

I still check from time to time. One of the main reasons I'm not spending as much time here is that the constant pop-ups etc. lock up my PC. Just trying to scroll down to the end produced two popup windows, both of which are blank.

I managed to get the EC to finally vote on the E5 & below discount, which was approved. They told me to be patient with the implementation, I suspect we'll see it around the next ice age.

Big picture, the magazine in dying (EC minutes mention revenue down), on their websites there's mostly old recycled content (helo stuff is showing FLYBAR helicopters), and the government affairs folks seem resigned to the fact they're losing the registration battle. The EC seems to be spending a lot more time courting commercial flying now, which I think endangers their base, but they keep saying they know best.

With Irma, and assuming max help for clubs affected as $500, they're looking at $60,000 just for clubs in Florida. Texas, Georgia, the Carolinas, etc. will add some to that. Have to wonder if they might like to have back some of that $14K a year they spend just for the EC to have face to face meetings?

And despite them talking about 180,000 members and 2400 clubs, it's looking like paid members are around 129K and as of yesterday there's just 2273 clubs on the charted club site.
Old 09-11-2017, 08:31 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by franklin_m
I still check from time to time. One of the main reasons I'm not spending as much time here is that the constant pop-ups etc. lock up my PC. Just trying to scroll down to the end produced two popup windows, both of which are blank.
Franklin,
There shouldn't be any pop-ups coming from RCU. While we do have third party ads show up, none of them are supposed to be pop-ups. I'll bring this up to the tech team to verify that we aren't using that code.

Ken
Old 09-11-2017, 09:08 AM
Hydro Junkie

Ken, I've been getting slammed by an add that shows up to the right of the thread boxes with a bunch of guys wearing suits and carrying a canoe or kayak. There isn't any way to shut the add down and, once it shows up, it repeats continuously. Every time it pops up, it pulls the page up to where it's visible and holds it there. I haven't seen it in the boating forum, not yet anyway.
Damn, miracles happen. I just managed to make a post without having to fight that add. That's the first time in over a week. Something else, I don't have the issue at home, only at work so I'm assuming work doesn't have a really good pop-up blocker. I just noticed, however, that there are two adds for someplace called "Tattu", advertising low cost batteries. This is a new one on me since I've never heard of them before
I stand corrected, the canoe/kayak add is now in the boating forum. It's easily recognizable since it's a small video player with large black bars above and below

Last edited by Hydro Junkie; 09-11-2017 at 09:20 AM.
Old 09-11-2017, 10:13 AM
franklin_m

Originally Posted by RCKen
Franklin,
There shouldn't be any pop-ups coming from RCU. While we do have third party ads show up, none of them are supposed to be pop-ups. I'll bring this up to the tech team to verify that we aren't using that code.

Ken
Ken,

To assist your trouble shooting, here's what's happening. I've tried it twice to confirm I could duplicate:
- Open thread
- BEFORE thread is completely loaded, with cursor in the field of the browser screen, scroll down using mouse scroll wheel
Results in multiple new windows opening, each with "The webpage could not be displayed"

After page fully loads, it seems to scroll fine. But even as I type this, the text will just stop showing up on the screen, presumably because some script is running. I'll have typed whole words or multiple words, w/o anything showing on screen. When there's a break in the script, perhaps the first letter might show. It's really frustrating.

Frank
Old 09-11-2017, 11:03 AM
Hydro Junkie

I wonder if your issue and the ad issue I have been seeing are related?
Old 09-12-2017, 12:05 PM
IBJoel

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Hey guys, we are aware of the redirecting ads, but the more screenshots you can provide, the better.
Old 09-12-2017, 02:32 PM
init4fun

Guys , I know zip about computers , but right now the computer Gods must like me cause I'm not experiencing any of the problems that some are reporting here . Funny coincidence is that I belong to a different hobby site that uses the same forum format as RCU now uses and some users there report similar problems as are being reported here , the multiple loading pages with Ad problems & such . That site I'm referring to is called "VideoKarma" and is a site for collectors of old film cameras , film projectors , and vacuum tube TVs from around the 1960s back to the 1930s when the first prototype TVs were being built . Maybe you could ask the admins there how they stopped the problem ? Anyway if there is anything I can tell you about my computer that may be different as to why I'm not experiencing the troubles some folks are just ask , as long as you keep the questions basic enough for an old computer luddite to understand ....
Old 10-03-2017, 02:52 PM
Hydro Junkie

Looks like it's back to "Cricket Time" since no one has posted anything since I did two weeks ago
Old 04-04-2018, 02:50 PM
Hydro Junkie

And, once again, it's time for the crickets to chirp. I guess all of the bad weather and (do I dare say this) snow has everyone hunkered down in their shops or in front of a space heater
Old 04-04-2018, 02:59 PM
tailskid

Contrair Mr. Hydro....it is a blooming 90 degree, sunny day here in Paradise.....
Old 04-04-2018, 05:10 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

i think this last upgrade has got a bunch of folks bamboozled.
Old 04-04-2018, 05:35 PM
Hydro Junkie

Originally Posted by tailskid
Contrair Mr. Hydro....it is a blooming 90 degree, sunny day here in Paradise.....
Speak for yourself. Up in the Puget Sound Basin of Western Washington, we have upper 40s and RAIN!!!!!!!!!
Originally Posted by mongo
i think this last upgrade has got a bunch of folks bamboozled.
That could very well be the case
Old 04-05-2018, 03:46 AM
rcmiket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Really nothing to say that hasn't been said over and over and over.

Mike

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.