Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

** Digitech Central Telemetric Unit for Jeti **

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

** Digitech Central Telemetric Unit for Jeti **

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2019, 02:48 AM
hk3957w

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by digitech

you set the ctu to Jetcentral?
you use the extra lin convertor? You can not connect the cru directly to the jetcentral ecu
yes us set up to jet central but not using the lin converter. I am checking directly in digitech wep page so I need ERNI LIN adapter,. LIN cable but for jetcat or swiwin? And patch cable.

Thanks
Old 05-15-2019, 02:55 AM
digitech
My Feedback: (10)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Yes you need:
Erni Cable
lin adaptor
Old 05-15-2019, 03:01 AM
digitech

Originally Posted by hk3957w

yes us set up to jet central but not using the lin converter. I am checking directly in digitech wep page so I need ERNI LIN adapter,. LIN cable but for jetcat or swiwin? And patch cable.

Thanks
where are you located?
Old 05-15-2019, 03:05 AM
hk3957w

in colombia. I found in aeropanda web site in the us.
Old 05-15-2019, 03:07 AM
digitech

Yes
perfect sorry about the misunderstanding.
aeropanda should have them , i have them also.
sandor
Old 05-15-2019, 03:33 AM
hk3957w

Yes
perfect sorry about the misunderstanding.
aeropanda should have them , i have them also.
sandor
thanks sandor I'll evaluate best way to get it. Can you sent it directly to Colombia? If yes how many days take?.

Old 05-15-2019, 03:43 AM
digitech

We all can send

ups 3-4 days but expensive i think.
give aeropanda a call
Old 05-15-2019, 04:05 AM
F1 Rocket

Received 52 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by hk3957w

thanks sandor I'll evaluate best way to get it. Can you sent it directly to Colombia? If yes how many days take?.

LIN adapters are in stock. We ship to South America every week although it’s best if you have a freight forwarder set up in Miami which many of our customers do.

Danny
AeroPanda
Old 05-16-2019, 07:57 AM
hk3957w

thanks danny and sandor. I thing the cheaper and fastest way is with AeroPanda. thanks again
Old 05-26-2019, 05:09 PM
Viper1GJ
My Feedback: (20)

Received 331 Likes on 218 Posts

Digitech, Danny,

Here is a log photo of my 1/5 F-16 CTU data from a flight last weekend at FIF in NC.

Set up is CTU, B300F, Projet Hornet III ECU

Green = % fuel remaining
Blue = Turbine RPM
Red = CTU G

On this flight my fuel % remaining worked well till 53% and then stopped counting down. All other CTU data continues to transmit and log. In this photo I show turbine RPM, and G. I checked several other CTU parameters on this flight and they all show similar pattern. All other CTU data is recording and working but fuel remaining stops and says level at 53%. I have had this problem on several flights where the fuel remaining % stops at 48%, 44%, 42% etc and then level for the remainder of the flight. After a power off reset and new flight the fuel % will work fine for a few times and then freeze again and stay constant till landing.

I have had this happen with two separate CTUs installed in in two different jets. The other is an Avanti XXL with K-210G, and Kingtech G1 ECU. Same pattern just fuel % stops working at a number usually between 50-40%. It does not happen every flight but seems to be random. Sometimes with an overflow tank and fuel reset to 100% and sometimes without, just normal startup and fly.

Do you have any idea why and what to do to make it reliable. The fuel remaining % is the primary reason I am using the CTU and when it works its great. Still using timer as a back up.

Thanks,
Gary

Old 05-26-2019, 09:33 PM
digitech

Originally Posted by Viper1GJ
Digitech, Danny,

Here is a log photo of my 1/5 F-16 CTU data from a flight last weekend at FIF in NC.

Set up is CTU, B300F, Projet Hornet III ECU

Green = % fuel remaining
Blue = Turbine RPM
Red = CTU G

On this flight my fuel % remaining worked well till 53% and then stopped counting down. All other CTU data continues to transmit and log. In this photo I show turbine RPM, and G. I checked several other CTU parameters on this flight and they all show similar pattern. All other CTU data is recording and working but fuel remaining stops and says level at 53%. I have had this problem on several flights where the fuel remaining % stops at 48%, 44%, 42% etc and then level for the remainder of the flight. After a power off reset and new flight the fuel % will work fine for a few times and then freeze again and stay constant till landing.

I have had this happen with two separate CTUs installed in in two different jets. The other is an Avanti XXL with K-210G, and Kingtech G1 ECU. Same pattern just fuel % stops working at a number usually between 50-40%. It does not happen every flight but seems to be random. Sometimes with an overflow tank and fuel reset to 100% and sometimes without, just normal startup and fly.

Do you have any idea why and what to do to make it reliable. The fuel remaining % is the primary reason I am using the CTU and when it works its great. Still using timer as a back up.

Thanks,
Gary

hi Gary
can you share:
your tx and version?
rx and versions?
you installed the lua script? Or using the telemetric only
Old 05-26-2019, 10:03 PM
digitech

Another one:
can you also confirm the logifles that consumption then freezes also?.
fuel used
fuel consumed
and percentage all freeze?
i have never heard of this or ever seen it.
also you mention 2 brands of turbines.
that means 2 different ways.
the bf does its own consumption.
so we needmto find out where the culprit is.
only thing i never use is the fuel reset.
do you use it everytime?
Old 05-28-2019, 05:38 PM
Viper1GJ

hi Gary
can you share:
your tx and version?
rx and versions?
you installed the lua script? Or using the telemetric only

DS-24: FW v4.28 5/11/18
CB-400: FW v1.09
R3: FW v3.25
R900: FW v1.12u
CTU: FW v0.92 CFG 1
Lua: Twin Dashboard v1.1

I think Danny emailed you the log file for the above flight.

Thanks, Gary

Last edited by Viper1GJ; 05-28-2019 at 05:41 PM.
Old 05-28-2019, 10:36 PM
Carsten Groen

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Gary,
I just got the log!

Can you check what the tanksize is set to in the engine ECU ? Also let me know what you have it set to in the CTU (I assume 6.8 liters)
Check if the ECU is set to 3.8 liters, and if so, you need to turn it up to the max it can be set to, and then re-test

Last edited by Carsten Groen; 05-28-2019 at 10:48 PM.
Old 05-30-2019, 09:43 AM
Viper1GJ

Carsten,

We left on the family vacation yesterday and will return home on 6/9/19. I will check the tank size then. I did not know there was a place to set it in the ProJet ECU and have never checked it so there so there is no telling what it is set to. Also Danny told me the Qs were pretty bad on that flight. I will go back and check the rest of them also. Some other guys experienced low Q at FIF but the times I checked mine they were all very high.

Also the flight log you have where the fuel stopped counting down had a long delay waiting to take off, running on the taxi tank for several minutes. After being cleared for takeoff, we removed the taxi tank and I reset the fuel remaining to 100% before taking off. Not sure if the delay may have effected the fuel countdown or not.

Thanks, Gary
Old 06-03-2019, 03:20 AM
digitech

Carsten,

We left on the family vacation yesterday and will return home on 6/9/19. I will check the tank size then. I did not know there was a place to set it in the ProJet ECU and have never checked it so there so there is no telling what it is set to. Also Danny told me the Qs were pretty bad on that flight. I will go back and check the rest of them also. Some other guys experienced low Q at FIF but the times I checked mine they were all very high.

Also the flight log you have where the fuel stopped counting down had a long delay waiting to take off, running on the taxi tank for several minutes. After being cleared for takeoff, we removed the taxi tank and I reset the fuel remaining to 100% before taking off. Not sure if the delay may have effected the fuel countdown or not.

Thanks, Gary
Hi garry
yes it does affect it!
since the counter is only reset in the CTU and NOT in the projet.
if its the same as the Jetcat it will count negative after reaching 0 ,so i think there is your error.
i also looked at your file , and there are some more issues , danny or carsten can tell you more about it.
we have sold a lot of ctu and never got a customer saying that the counter stopped.
Old 06-03-2019, 07:59 AM
Viper1GJ

Ok thanks, I will definitely check the tank setting in the ProJet when I get home. I will set it to the max available in the menu.

Gary
Old 06-11-2019, 01:04 AM
Mylo

Hi Sandor,

Could you please advise if we still require a different firmware.sfw for the Jeti REX Assist Receivers?

If so, are you able to advise when you plan on combining both receiver types into the same file?

Regards,
George
Old 06-11-2019, 01:46 AM
Carsten Groen

Not needed if you use the latest ASSIST firmware for the receivers (it is the ASSIST receivers that had the problem, not the CTU)
Old 06-11-2019, 05:08 AM
Mylo

Carsten,

Many thanks for your assistance, I've installed firmware.sfw V0.95 and the telemetry works perfectly with my JetCat 180RX.

However, the handheld GSU locks out i.e. I'm unable to scroll thru the menus. Any thoughts on what could be causing this?

George
Old 06-11-2019, 06:02 AM
Carsten Groen

Originally Posted by Mylo
Carsten,

Many thanks for your assistance, I've installed firmware.sfw V0.95 and the telemetry works perfectly with my JetCat 180RX.

However, the handheld GSU locks out i.e. I'm unable to scroll thru the menus. Any thoughts on what could be causing this?

George
Great George
Regarding the GSU, it is (unfortunately) a well known problem A quick fix (if you are up to it), is to cut the 2 center wires in the gray flatcable that goes from the ECU/IO Board to the CTU. This will fix the problem (the long technical explanation is that the ECU/GSU have low resistance to load on the I2C bus from the ECU to the GSU (which is also coupled to the CTU, but not actively used).
So, basically cut the center two wires.
On the picture below you can hopefully see what I mean, cut the two wires with the green lines on them

You need to be careful splitting the cable, but with a knife or a wirecutter it is pretty easy

Old 06-11-2019, 03:28 PM
Viper1GJ

[QUOTE=Carsten Groen;12527844]Gary,

Can you check what the tanksize is set to in the engine ECU ? Also let me know what you have it set to in the CTU (I assume 6.8 liters)
Check if the ECU is set to 3.8 liters, and if so, you need to turn it up to the max it can be set to, and then re-test

/QUOTE]

Carsten,
I checked the ProJet ECU today and found the fuel tank size was set to 3000 ml. I reset it to 6800 ml to match the tank size in the CTU of 6.8 liters. I ran the setting up past 12,000 ml to see how high it would go and stopped. I'm not sure how high it goes. My taxi tank in about 1000 ml so my total fuel could never be above 7800 ml at start. What setting should I set the in the ProJet ECU tank size?

I noticed as I ran the ECU tank size setting up to 6800 ml that the % and fuel remaining in the CTU changed to negative numbers. Can you explain how the ECU setting affects the settings in the CTU.
Thanks,
Gary
Old 06-11-2019, 08:40 PM
Carsten Groen

[QUOTE=Viper1GJ;12530711]
Originally Posted by Carsten Groen
Gary,

/QUOTE]

Carsten,
I checked the ProJet ECU today and found the fuel tank size was set to 3000 ml. I reset it to 6800 ml to match the tank size in the CTU of 6.8 liters. I ran the setting up past 12,000 ml to see how high it would go and stopped. I'm not sure how high it goes. My taxi tank in about 1000 ml so my total fuel could never be above 7800 ml at start. What setting should I set the in the ProJet ECU tank size?

I noticed as I ran the ECU tank size setting up to 6800 ml that the % and fuel remaining in the CTU changed to negative numbers. Can you explain how the ECU setting affects the settings in the CTU.
Thanks,
Gary
Gary,
you need to set the tanksize in the ECU as high as it can get. For ProJet and JetCat I get the fuel consumed by subtracting the the two numbers from the ECU, "fuel consumed" and "fuelsize" (and multiplying the "fuel factor" in the CTU to this number).
(all other engines I calculate the fuel consumption in the CTU instead, only JetCat and Projet I use the numbers from the ECU).

So, set the tanksize in the ECU to a very very large number, and the correct one in the CTU. Then retry. The numbers going negative when changing the numbers in the ECU is totally fine, the CTU uses the first reported "remaining fuel" from the ECU as a base. So need to restart CTU after changing the tanksize in the ECU so it gets the correct numbers.
Old 06-12-2019, 04:42 PM
Viper1GJ

[QUOTE=Carsten Groen;12530772]

Gary,
you need to set the tanksize in the ECU as high as it can get. For ProJet and JetCat I get the fuel consumed by subtracting the the two numbers from the ECU, "fuel consumed" and "fuelsize" (and multiplying the "fuel factor" in the CTU to this number).
(all other engines I calculate the fuel consumption in the CTU instead, only JetCat and Projet I use the numbers from the ECU).

So, set the tanksize in the ECU to a very very large number, and the correct one in the CTU. Then retry. The numbers going negative when changing the numbers in the ECU is totally fine, the CTU uses the first reported "remaining fuel" from the ECU as a base. So need to restart CTU after changing the tanksize in the ECU so it gets the correct numbers.
Carsten,
Today I set the tank size in the ProJet ECU to 20,000ml, the max size available. The CTU has been reset an tank size set to 6.8 L. It will probably be a few weeks before I can test fly again. Looking forward to seeing how it works now. Thanks for all your help and fast replies.
Gary
Old 06-12-2019, 08:42 PM
Carsten Groen

No worries Gary
hope you got the issue solved, lets hear back once you have tested

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.