Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

** Digitech Central Telemetric Unit for Jeti **

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

** Digitech Central Telemetric Unit for Jeti **

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2019, 12:25 AM
Mylo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Carsten,

I'll be cutting the wires to the cable this weekend.

Thank you for your excellent support.

George
Old 06-13-2019, 12:37 AM
Carsten Groen

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks George,
just remember to be careful when you cut, and don't hurt the other 4 wires, they have done nothing wrong
Old 06-20-2019, 02:06 PM
Airman98
My Feedback: (9)

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Loving my CTU really amazing having all that telemetry. I have a friend that would love to have all this telemetry on his jet but he is a diehard spectrum guy so it got me to thinking would it be possible to run a Jeti R4 receiver with the ctu and send the telemetry to a Jetibox Profi for people using spectrum.
Old 06-21-2019, 05:47 AM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 160 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Airman98
Loving my CTU really amazing having all that telemetry. I have a friend that would love to have all this telemetry on his jet but he is a diehard spectrum guy so it got me to thinking would it be possible to run a Jeti R4 receiver with the ctu and send the telemetry to a Jetibox Profi for people using spectrum.
Well just check the ports.....you need one ExBus port and one Telemetry....I don’t think R4 will do that
Old 07-24-2019, 07:50 PM
TheFishLA

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Testing the mod on a JetCat 140RX. Before, I got 'pump disconnected/connected' messages on GSU in full RPM. I did one run after the mod and seems like it's Okay now.

Originally Posted by Carsten Groen
Great George
Regarding the GSU, it is (unfortunately) a well known problem A quick fix (if you are up to it), is to cut the 2 center wires in the gray flatcable that goes from the ECU/IO Board to the CTU. This will fix the problem (the long technical explanation is that the ECU/GSU have low resistance to load on the I2C bus from the ECU to the GSU (which is also coupled to the CTU, but not actively used).
So, basically cut the center two wires.
On the picture below you can hopefully see what I mean, cut the two wires with the green lines on them

You need to be careful splitting the cable, but with a knife or a wirecutter it is pretty easy

Old 07-25-2019, 06:31 AM
Red_02_L
My Feedback: (1)

Hello! First off, I want to say great job on a very neat device for telemetry!

I'm having an issue on a Jetcat P100RX, Jeti DS-16 i'm setting up. After doing the LearnRC steps, I remove the I/O board and plug the 6-pin connector from the ECU V10 into the CTU. Upon doing so, I lose the ability to control the turbine. No start sequence or telemetry... The blue light comes on by the ECU port.
I can remove the plug and place it back into the I/O board and all works fine. Do I need to do this cable mod, or can I run a second ERNI cable from the 2nd I/O port to the CTU? I called AeroPanda and they referred me here.

Help....
Old 07-25-2019, 06:45 AM
Carsten Groen

Originally Posted by Red_02_L
Hello! First off, I want to say great job on a very neat device for telemetry!

I'm having an issue on a Jetcat P100RX, Jeti DS-16 i'm setting up. After doing the LearnRC steps, I remove the I/O board and plug the 6-pin connector from the ECU V10 into the CTU. Upon doing so, I lose the ability to control the turbine. No start sequence or telemetry... The blue light comes on by the ECU port.
I can remove the plug and place it back into the I/O board and all works fine. Do I need to do this cable mod, or can I run a second ERNI cable from the 2nd I/O port to the CTU? I called AeroPanda and they referred me here.

Help....
Thanks, and yes, please do the same mod as shown above
Old 08-01-2019, 04:13 PM
Viper1GJ
My Feedback: (20)

Received 331 Likes on 218 Posts

I installed my latest CTU in my Havoc with K-320G and Jeti DS-24. After a few flights it is calibrated almost perfect. I get very accurate fuel remaining readings and I love it. Thanks for a great device.

My question is what is the USB cable that came in the package used for? I use an SD card to update and can not find any info in the manual for the cable.

Thanks,
Gary

Old 08-01-2019, 10:03 PM
Carsten Groen

Originally Posted by Viper1GJ
I installed my latest CTU in my Havoc with K-320G and Jeti DS-24. After a few flights it is calibrated almost perfect. I get very accurate fuel remaining readings and I love it. Thanks for a great device.

My question is what is the USB cable that came in the package used for? I use an SD card to update and can not find any info in the manual for the cable.

Thanks,
Gary

Thanks for the nice words Gary
the USB cable is only for update if a customer has problems using sd cards etc. It can/could also be used for debug messages erc.
Old 08-02-2019, 04:58 PM
Viper1GJ
My Feedback: (20)

Received 331 Likes on 218 Posts

Thanks Carsten.
Old 08-05-2019, 07:21 PM
Red_02_L
My Feedback: (1)

I was able to get the unit connected and before modding the cable, had the pump disconnected messages.
Now... major disagree between the GCU and CTU turbine temp!!! Engine start was 1100 degrees on my TX and GCU showed 590. This was obviously alarming, so we double
checked everything and recalibrated the temp probe. Still the same outcome.
any idea what I am doing wrong?
Jeti DS-16, P-100RX
Old 08-05-2019, 08:38 PM
Carsten Groen

I was able to get the unit connected and before modding the cable, had the pump disconnected messages.
Now... major disagree between the GCU and CTU turbine temp!!! Engine start was 1100 degrees on my TX and GCU showed 590. This was obviously alarming, so we double
Jeti DS-16, P-100RX
Re-calibrating the temp sensor has nothing to do with that, the CTU gets the temperature directly from the ECU. Are the other values correct?
(The 1100 versus 590 sounds like fahrenheit versus celsius, any chance the TX is set to F ?)
Old 08-06-2019, 02:36 AM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 160 Likes on 143 Posts

Jeti DS-16, P-100RX
590 Celsius is 1094 Fahrenheit

So your doing nothing wrong...like it was said above change one of the 2, your doing auto temp conversion LOL
Old 09-20-2019, 02:02 PM
wgdenge
My Feedback: (5)

Anyone have a 3-D printed mount?
Old 09-20-2019, 11:37 PM
digitech
My Feedback: (10)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by wgdenge
Anyone have a 3-D printed mount?
you need the file? (STL)
Old 10-19-2019, 04:01 PM
wgdenge

So I just got a CTU for my new Futura. Scanning this forum I see that you cannot use it with a PowerBox and Jeti. Is this correct?
PowerBox will only do UDI with Jeti.

Am I S.O.L? I was going to use the Mercury, with 2 R3/RSW receivers and a Jeti telemetry expander (E4 Ex).

Thoughts?

Wayne
Old 10-19-2019, 04:03 PM
clavin
My Feedback: (6)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So I just got a CTU for my new Futura. Scanning this forum I see that you cannot use it with a PowerBox and Jeti. Is this correct?

Am I S.O.L? I was going to use the Mercury, with 2 R3/RSW receivers and a Jeti telemetry expander (E4 Ex).

Thoughts?

Wayne
That is NOT correct.. I do this in EVERY jet I fly
You just need a Receiver that has EXBUS like a rex12 (My favorite) because it has the best antennas
Old 10-20-2019, 04:33 AM
digitech

Thoughts?

Wayne
set one of your ports to ex and connect the ctu there
Old 10-20-2019, 05:25 AM
JSF-TC
My Feedback: (2)

Received 135 Likes on 79 Posts

What are the dimensions of the CTU? - I'm laying out the install for my new model, and want to reserve space for one.

Thanks

Paul
Old 10-20-2019, 05:26 AM
clavin

Originally Posted by digitech

r3 does not have ex bus
Old 10-20-2019, 08:09 AM
digitech

Originally Posted by JSF-TC
What are the dimensions of the CTU? - I'm laying out the install for my new model, and want to reserve space for one.
Here you go
Thanks

Paul

Old 10-20-2019, 08:11 AM
digitech

Originally Posted by clavin

r3 does not have ex bus
rex900? No back up?
Old 10-20-2019, 08:28 AM
clavin

rex900? No back up?
REX900 Has EX And that will be fine.... He can connect the CTU to that...
But mot Power box only have 2 RX ports...
Old 10-20-2019, 10:34 AM
wgdenge

Sorry for my ignorance, but.. Set one of what ports? I was under assumption that only ONE of the TWO R3/RSW's could do telemetry. If I have that connected to PowerBox, where do I connect the CTU?
I thought that I needed to use the telemetry expander for this.

Also, more questions from un-informed. What port on the KingTech do I plug into? I see on the CTU it has a throttle connection. What is this for?

Thanks for any help.
Old 10-20-2019, 10:41 AM
clavin

Sorry for my ignorance, but.. Set one of what ports? I was under assumption that only ONE of the TWO R3/RSW's could do telemetry. If I have that connected to PowerBox, where do I connect the CTU?
I thought that I needed to use the telemetry expander for this.

Also, more questions from un-informed. What port on the KingTech do I plug into? I see on the CTU it has a throttle connection. What is this for?

Thanks for any help.
OK So the CTU does NOT use a telemetry port.. It uses an EX Bus port. The R3 Receivers do NOT have an EX Bus port.. SO you need to either change one of your receivers for a REX receiver (You have an R3 not a REX3.. The REX 3 is only in Europe) The 900 REX will work and can act as a backup to your R3.. The you can in fact plug the R3 into the 900 REX..

ok So the there is no Throttle connection on the CTU.. there is a throttle connection on the King Tech ECU. The CTU plugs into the GSU connection not the Kingtech ECU via a Servo type lead... The throttle connection on the ECU goes to your throttle output on the Power Box.(Which Power Box do you Have? and Which Turbine do you have and which generation?)) And then the CTU plugs into the EX Bus port of a REX receiver and you loads the LUA app and away you go!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.