Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

** Digitech Central Telemetric Unit for Jeti **

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

** Digitech Central Telemetric Unit for Jeti **

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2020, 06:00 AM
JSF-TC
My Feedback: (2)

Received 135 Likes on 79 Posts

Gaspar,

Many thanks for the info.

Kind Regards,

Paul
Old 01-06-2021, 08:33 PM
jvaliensi
My Feedback: (1)

Received 113 Likes on 91 Posts

Hi,
I have a K70G4 and CTU. Where does the CTU plug in to the Kingtech ECU? Is it the AUX TX port?
Old 01-06-2021, 11:34 PM
Carsten Groen

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by jvaliensi
Hi,
I have a K70G4 and CTU. Where does the CTU plug in to the Kingtech ECU? Is it the AUX TX port?
In the GSU port (you can "Y" port if you need to connect the GSU at the same time as the CTU)
Regards,
Carsten
Old 01-07-2021, 04:49 AM
jvaliensi
My Feedback: (1)

Received 113 Likes on 91 Posts

SO, I plug the CTU into the GSU port and I don't have to leave the GSU in the airplane?

Thanks!
Old 01-07-2021, 04:51 AM
Carsten Groen

Originally Posted by jvaliensi
SO, I plug the CTU into the GSU port and I don't have to leave the GSU in the airplane?

Thanks!
Correct
Old 03-07-2021, 12:17 PM
flyloose

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I’m having a bugger of a time getting 2 of these units to work on my F-14....I have numerous CTU’s in all my other Jets but getting the two to work on the LUA dashboard is proving a challenge. Can someone steer me in the right direction here? Ravill’s twin display looks really cool if I could use that.

Also I’m not that good with zip files and all that. So any step by step would be really helpful

Thanks
Old 03-07-2021, 12:22 PM
flyloose

Just to add, I seem to be able to get the raw data from each CTU, although last night that started to unravel as I got tired and frustrated. So do I set up my first one stand alone, designate it the master....then plug in the second and designate it the slave 1?

You’ll notice in the pic both dashboards are really just duplicating the one CTU’s output....that’s my main issue it seems
Old 03-07-2021, 12:25 PM
Carsten Groen

Originally Posted by flyloose
Just to add, I seem to be able to get the raw data from each CTU, although last night that started to unravel as I got tired and frustrated. So do I set up my first one stand alone, designate it the master....then plug in the second and designate it the slave 1?
You need to connect ONE CTU at a time, and set it to "Master".
Then you disconnect that one, and connect the OTHER CTU and set that one to "Slave 1" (or "Slave 2", "Slave 3" etc).
After both CTU's have been configured, you can connect them BOTH at the same time and leave them connected.
(If you connect 2 CTU that are both (default) configured as Masters, they will "fight" each other on the EX Bus)
Old 03-07-2021, 01:05 PM
flyloose

Originally Posted by Carsten Groen
You need to connect ONE CTU at a time, and set it to "Master".
Then you disconnect that one, and connect the OTHER CTU and set that one to "Slave 1" (or "Slave 2", "Slave 3" etc).
After both CTU's have been configured, you can connect them BOTH at the same time and leave them connected.
(If you connect 2 CTU that are both (default) configured as Masters, they will "fight" each other on the EX Bus)
Ok I will try as you suggest and after the first CTU is configured and designated as MASTER, do I then select the LUA dashboard in displayed telemetry? To in effect "lock in" that CTU to that dashboard? Then unplug that first CTU and go through the process with the second and ITS associated dashboard? It's the dashboard part of the process that is stumping me I believe

Thanks
Old 03-07-2021, 02:26 PM
Carsten Groen

No, get both CTU's connected and working with the "normal" telemetry values shown on the transmitter. Then you can play on with the LUA stuff (someone else needs to chime in on that)
Old 03-07-2021, 06:19 PM
flyloose

Ok got the individual CTU’s working and labeled CTU Left and CTU Right in the telemetry menu....I’m getting raw data telemetry and displaying it in the transmitter. I finally figured out how to download the CTU twin app, but unfortunately like others, it’s basically a blank screen with no data filled in. So this is where I’m now stuck

Old 03-07-2021, 06:26 PM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 160 Likes on 143 Posts

Ok got the individual CTU’s working and labeled CTU Left and CTU Right in the telemetry menu....I’m getting raw data telemetry and displaying it in the transmitter. I finally figured out how to download the CTU twin app, but unfortunately like others, it’s basically a blank screen with no data filled in. So this is where I’m now stuck
I assumed you programmed the LUA apps, normally a blank screen mean either you nor on ExBus or you haven’t selected the motor type....if I remember you got a weird cable for the telemetry?
Old 03-07-2021, 06:41 PM
flyloose

Originally Posted by Dansy
I assumed you programmed the LUA apps, normally a blank screen mean either you nor on ExBus or you haven’t selected the motor type....if I remember you got a weird cable for the telemetry?
yes the CTU’s are already configured and putting out good data. I’ve adjusted a few parameters in the dashboard configuration menu if that’s what you mean?

Old 03-08-2021, 03:40 AM
Dansy

yes the CTU’s are already configured and putting out good data. I’ve adjusted a few parameters in the dashboard configuration menu if that’s what you mean?
Nope, go into the Devices and you will see the ctu open that and select the type of motor your using.....and set the rest...don’t forget to press save at the bottom..

in-the window you show, try selecting message if it open that mean the stu is connected..if it doesn’t open the ctu is not, example is you only start the TX to adjust thing, you wouldn’t be able to access these 2 (message and fuel warnings)
Old 03-18-2021, 02:33 PM
flyloose

Ok....I’ve spent some time really trying to get the LUA Twin display to work....got lots of help from Dansy and much appreciated.....I’ve decided to move on and just use the raw digital data supplied to the transmitter, along with aural alarms for use while airborne.

I’ve found that plugging one of the CTU’s (in this case the master) directly into my REX12 EX port and the second CTU into EXT3 on the CB 400, is giving me much better data (no flashing of the data as was evident when they were both going through the CB)

Can the electronically savvy people see any issues with my pic of device explorer? Basically the CTU comes off the primary REX12, then the cortex pro (almost as if they’re in parallel in display terms), then the CB400...and on and on..

I know in one of Harry Curzon’s videos he had mentioned the importance of what hangs off what in the device explorer....Does anyone see any issue with how this is displaying? Like I say, the telemetry data is super stable hooked up this way....whereas through the CB it seems to get really bogged down

To sum up.....REX12 primary and R3 as secondary, both into the Cortex Pro....then the CP feeds RX1 and RX2 of the CB 400....and yes, the CP has a jumper for power off of the CB400 so the RX ports aren’t over-loaded. I’m also using an R3-900 backup into the CB400

thanks

Last edited by flyloose; 03-18-2021 at 02:37 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Dansy (03-18-2021)
Old 03-18-2021, 10:41 PM
digitech
My Feedback: (10)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Ok....I’ve spent some time really trying to get the LUA Twin display to work....got lots of help from Dansy and much appreciated.....I’ve decided to move on and just use the raw digital data supplied to the transmitter, along with aural alarms for use while airborne.

I’ve found that plugging one of the CTU’s (in this case the master) directly into my REX12 EX port and the second CTU into EXT3 on the CB 400, is giving me much better data (no flashing of the data as was evident when they were both going through the CB)

Can the electronically savvy people see any issues with my pic of device explorer? Basically the CTU comes off the primary REX12, then the cortex pro (almost as if they’re in parallel in display terms), then the CB400...and on and on..

I know in one of Harry Curzon’s videos he had mentioned the importance of what hangs off what in the device explorer....Does anyone see any issue with how this is displaying? Like I say, the telemetry data is super stable hooked up this way....whereas through the CB it seems to get really bogged down

To sum up.....REX12 primary and R3 as secondary, both into the Cortex Pro....then the CP feeds RX1 and RX2 of the CB 400....and yes, the CP has a jumper for power off of the CB400 so the RX ports aren’t over-loaded. I’m also using an R3-900 backup into the CB400

thanks

sorry to hear about your issues
i would connect the slave CTU to the Master CTU free ext port directly on the EX port of your Primary receiver.
this will free a lot of ports for you.
secondly and this is my best guess :
go in sensor menu and do a refresh , my guess is that since you tried a lot and renamed your ctu,s.
you wil see multiple identical ctu,s there , and then the lua doesnt now wich one to choose and will go for the first one in the list.
so connect everything and confirm its working , go in sensor menu click refresh.
then restart / refresh your lua script.
note : if you rename them again do a refresh again.
we have also a fantastic support group on facebook : digitech aerosports support page
Old 03-18-2021, 11:03 PM
Didier

Received 50 Likes on 30 Posts

I can see in your screen you are in dual path mode. I also had a lot of flashing Telemetry parameters in dual path mode once you use a lot of sensors. On advice of Sandor, I switched over to default mode (with a clone attached) due to a lot of “low quality signals”
and sometimes “signal lost” warnings.
Not only is my reception improved but also my Telemetry. I don’t experience any Telemetry problems at all anymore. My CTU works great and instant! What I suggest is try “default
mode” with both CTU’s attached to to the CB and report back.
Old 03-19-2021, 07:20 AM
flyloose

Originally Posted by Didier
I can see in your screen you are in dual path mode. I also had a lot of flashing Telemetry parameters in dual path mode once you use a lot of sensors. On advice of Sandor, I switched over to default mode (with a clone attached) due to a lot of “low quality signals”
and sometimes “signal lost” warnings.
Not only is my reception improved but also my Telemetry. I don’t experience any Telemetry problems at all anymore. My CTU works great and instant! What I suggest is try “default
mode” with both CTU’s attached to to the CB and report back.
Thanks for sharing that info, interesting.....
Anyway I found something a bit interesting. I decided to swap the ports on the REX12, so that now E1 goes to the CP. E2 goes to my left engine CTU (master). There seems to be some kind of priority in terms of E1 vs E2, but I’m honestly not sure. At any rate the hierarchy in device explorer has changed a bit in terms of how that displays. I have no idea if it make any difference but it makes me feel better...

In terms of running double path vs default, I generally run default with my PB Mercury setups....in this case with the CB400 and CP, for now anyway I’m just going to stick with double path

cheers

Old 03-20-2021, 03:17 AM
digitech

gladly its fixed ;-)
Old 03-20-2021, 03:26 AM
Dansy

Originally Posted by digitech
gladly its fixed ;-)
‘It’s not really.......fixed, he still cant used the Lua app, he got telemetry all along, just not steady...

Not sure why Lua app is not working for him, I did a quick test with 2 G4 motors and it work right away...
Old 03-20-2021, 03:30 AM
digitech

Originally Posted by Dansy
‘It’s not really.......fixed, he still cant used the Lua app, he got telemetry all along, just not steady...

Not sure why Lua app is not working for him, I did a quick test with 2 G4 motors and it work right away...
my best bet is the sensor menu and refesh.
everytime he changes name, the sensor menu makes a new sensor for it.

Old 03-20-2021, 06:03 AM
flyloose

my best bet is the sensor menu and refesh.
everytime he changes name, the sensor menu makes a new sensor for it.
I have refreshed my sensor menu numerous times throughout the process. I did see at certain times multiple designations of the same sensor, as you were alluding to. Whenever that occurred I started from scratch, refreshed the sensors and designated the CTU’s....

Anyway I’ve spent way too much time trying to get this to work. I’ve moved on and re-installed the cockpit, which is a major PITA on this jet....

Not going to lie.....I’m a little bitter about all this. I feel like I spent $300US for 2 units that don’t really give me what I expected in terms of a visual display....Swiwin have their own built in telemetry for engine parameters, so basically I’m getting fuel quantity and G loading info from the CTU’s. I’m not particularly interested in the altimeter data for this application ....

It’s been a slice
Old 03-20-2021, 06:09 AM
digitech

I have refreshed my sensor menu numerous times throughout the process. I did see at certain times multiple designations of the same sensor, as you were alluding to. Whenever that occurred I started from scratch, refreshed the sensors and designated the CTU’s....

Anyway I’ve spent way too much time trying to get this to work. I’ve moved on and re-installed the cockpit, which is a major PITA on this jet....

Not going to lie.....I’m a little bitter about all this. I feel like I spent $300US for 2 units that don’t really give me what I expected in terms of a visual display....Swiwin have their own built in telemetry for engine parameters, so basically I’m getting fuel quantity and G loading info from the CTU’s. I’m not particularly interested in the altimeter data for this application ....

It’s been a slice
well as we said the LUA scripts are "as is" the rest you can use the sensor menu.
i dont know why it wont work either , i know a lot of people that have twin engines and they all work.
tried to search on this topic? a few posts back there was also a issue before and got solved..
sorry you are bitter about it..
and as i said we also have a facebook support group.
Old 03-20-2021, 11:46 AM
Dansy

well as we said the LUA scripts are "as is" the rest you can use the sensor menu.
i dont know why it wont work either , i know a lot of people that have twin engines and they all work.
tried to search on this topic? a few posts back there was also a issue before and got solved..
sorry you are bitter about it..
and as i said we also have a facebook support group.
I’m hoping to be able to connect with him this summer and do some test on his model......He’s not local but we have a great Jet only field, and maybe he will want to visit and fly other jet...while I play with his CTU/Motor.....

I really don’t know everything but a second set of eye may find something......

I can also understand his frustration.....it’s not like the CTU are complicated thing for the end users....and he has spend a lot of times trying to make these work
Old 07-20-2021, 05:19 PM
GoldenEagle1

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

To keep from reading 20 pages and piecing together bits of info... I've got a Kingtech G4 with a PB Mercury on PB Core RX/TX. Where do I plug in the CTU connection, to the Rx FasTrack/Data port? Any connection to the Mercury necessary?

Last edited by GoldenEagle1; 07-21-2021 at 12:19 PM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.