Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Carf rebel pro

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Carf rebel pro

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2022, 07:12 PM
essyou35
My Feedback: (11)

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by causeitflies
Yes, the bigger concern would be how many amps it pulls for how long. With the arm straight it's zero.
another good reason to not use overpowered servos.
Old 11-16-2022, 04:29 AM
Racer686

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

For those using the 5L CMJets tank and did not buy the stock tank kit, how are you mounting the tank? Does the CMJets tank come with the wood kit for mounting?

Old 11-16-2022, 04:20 PM
essyou35

Hysol some wood on the back of the tank, and this is what I did. You cluld do something similar with stock mount.

The following users liked this post:
Racer686 (11-16-2022)
Old 11-16-2022, 04:22 PM
essyou35

I also recommend you put a block of balsa under the tank touching the fuse so it doesnt stress the mount on a hard landing or hard pull.
The following 2 users liked this post by essyou35:
Racer686 (11-16-2022), Skunkwrks (11-16-2022)
Old 11-16-2022, 10:30 PM
Skunkwrks

Received 66 Likes on 60 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by Racer686
For those using the 5L CMJets tank and did not buy the stock tank kit, how are you mounting the tank? Does the CMJets tank come with the wood kit for mounting?

I recognize that photo, Lol . You should have got a plywood pieces to assembly to mount to the tank. I used stronger five ply form for grabbing the wing tube and then hysol mount support onto the tank.
A lot of dry assembling and sanding to get the tank to cradle the plywood mount and seat level on the fuse.
Yes, I also place a piece of balsa behind the cradle so the tank does move from side to side and doesn't apply more stress on the carbon foam piece on the front of the tank.
Ya over-engineered a simple procedure but it is six litres of heavy mass seating there. Lol
Thanks for using my photo Racer..........

Last edited by Skunkwrks; 11-16-2022 at 10:44 PM.
Racer686 (11-17-2022)
Old 11-16-2022, 10:40 PM
Skunkwrks

So the front bracket had to be reshaped to accommodate the larger diameter. Hysol 9462 plus have the rear support bracket in place . You will have to drill new holes for the blind nuts and 3mm bolts that hold it set. Mine is supported by this front brace and rear bracket that's hysol to the tank.
Racer686 (11-17-2022)
Old 11-17-2022, 05:19 AM
Racer686

Originally Posted by Skunkwrks
I recognize that photo, Lol . You should have got a plywood pieces to assembly to mount to the tank. I used stronger five ply form for grabbing the wing tube and then hysol mount support onto the tank.
A lot of dry assembling and sanding to get the tank to cradle the plywood mount and seat level on the fuse.
Yes, I also place a piece of balsa behind the cradle so the tank does move from side to side and doesn't apply more stress on the carbon foam piece on the front of the tank.
Ya over-engineered a simple procedure but it is six litres of heavy mass seating there. Lol
Thanks for using my photo Racer..........
Thanks. My Rebel is on the water right now so I don't know what's in the kit. I cancelled the Carf tank and will be ordering a tank from Carlos, so I'm just getting my ducks in a row, especially with Black Friday deals (.....hopefully!) around the corner and so many parts to buy!
Old 11-17-2022, 10:28 AM
Skunkwrks

So which colour scheme did you choose, and size of power going into the plane?
When you get it all the parts are included, like that tank mount bracket. Carlos makes excellent tanks and did you ask for a felt pickup in the tank if not it's a heavy brass one.
I just change mine to felt and used 6mm Viton tubing for the pickup line.
Are the Electrons coming with the plane or are you ordering them from Electron?
You can save a few dollars using Electron directly
Old 11-17-2022, 10:48 AM
Racer686

So which colour scheme did you choose, and size of power going into the plane?
When you get it all the parts are included, like that tank mount bracket. Carlos makes excellent tanks and did you ask for a felt pickup in the tank if not it's a heavy brass one.
I just change mine to felt and used 6mm Viton tubing for the pickup line.
Are the Electrons coming with the plane or are you ordering them from Electron?
You can save a few dollars using Electron directly
I ordered the stock Infinity scheme, I'm putting in a Swiwin 220. I've been asking lots of questions about tanks with Carlos. I did ask about using the Digitech Ultimate Clunk, should I be thinking of felt? I'll be ordering the Electron NGs in black next week direct. Powerbox Comp SR2 or Mercury SR2 (if it's available) will be ordered next week. Digitech UAT and Promodeler 630oz brushless servos to round it out.
sewbusy (11-17-2022)
Old 11-17-2022, 12:13 PM
Skunkwrks

Talking

I ordered the stock Infinity scheme, I'm putting in a Swiwin 220. I've been asking lots of questions about tanks with Carlos. I did ask about using the Digitech Ultimate Clunk, should I be thinking of felt? I'll be ordering the Electron NGs in black next week direct. Powerbox Comp SR2 or Mercury SR2 (if it's available) will be ordered next week. Digitech UAT and Promodeler 630oz brushless servos to round it out.
That Digitech clunk is good, the issue with the six-liter is that there's no baffle so when the pickup moves side to side and forward especially after a flight time your chances of getting more into the MAP tank increase a lot.
I just swapped out the brass pickup for his largest felt pickup and them drilled out the metal to increase the flow.
I'm running a 240 Swiwin in mine and at 3400', with a lost of but 15-18% power so your 220 will have alot of thrust.
The Gear you can go with NG about you have to use the 200Pro only and run 11.1 volt 3cell Lipo, good choice.
Have you used these Promodeler servos, I like what I've read but nobody around here has used them.
It sounds like you will have a "Rocket" when done.

Last edited by Skunkwrks; 11-17-2022 at 12:15 PM.
Old 11-17-2022, 12:48 PM
sewbusy

Received 59 Likes on 36 Posts

It seems that both of our Pro’s are on the same boat. I did get the 6L tank from Carlos shipped from there to the US by DHL. If you use the Digitech clunk, and Carlos does not put it in, you will need to make sure that the fitting in front will allow the clunk to go through. I’ll also be ordering my L/Gears directly from Electron as suggested by your fellow Canadian. I already have the SR2 Competition and tested out the servos on it. One thing to bear in mind, if you use the SR2 Competition, you will also need to get the igyro sat and the GPS111 (if you want to utilize it.)
If you get the new Mercury, it already has the igyro integrated in the system, so you would only need the GPS111.
Wayne
Old 11-17-2022, 01:53 PM
Agrav8ed

Received 58 Likes on 49 Posts

I also have a pro on the boat in a color swap Infinity scheme. Decided to replace my deceased rebel classic. I order a 6L tank from Carlos also but with 5L fuel and one liter of smoke. My plan is also to use a Swiwin 220n. One of the guys at my club was impressed so much by my Classic that he ordered his own and that is on the boat also. Looks like alot of us will be getting Rebels in January.
Thanks,
Tone
Racer686 (11-17-2022)
Old 11-17-2022, 03:35 PM
Racer686

Originally Posted by sewbusy
It seems that both of our Pro’s are on the same boat. I did get the 6L tank from Carlos shipped from there to the US by DHL. If you use the Digitech clunk, and Carlos does not put it in, you will need to make sure that the fitting in front will allow the clunk to go through. I’ll also be ordering my L/Gears directly from Electron as suggested by your fellow Canadian. I already have the SR2 Competition and tested out the servos on it. One thing to bear in mind, if you use the SR2 Competition, you will also need to get the igyro sat and the GPS111 (if you want to utilize it.)
If you get the new Mercury, it already has the igyro integrated in the system, so you would only need the GPS111.
Wayne
Powerbox changed the Mercury when they added the SR2 to the name in that it no longer has the gyro built in. You need the iGyro Sat like everyone else now.

I was going to order the 5L tank as some had expressed that would have been their choice back when Carlos came out with the tank for the Pro. Truthfully, I want to land after 5-6 min of spirited flying, so the 5L shout do me well I think. I also considered Carlos" tank with the 300ml UAT built in but some seasoned jet friends argued that you really want to be able to see inside the UAT to make sure there are no air issues so I backtracked on that.
Skunkwrks (11-17-2022)
Old 11-17-2022, 03:43 PM
Racer686

That Digitech clunk is good, the issue with the six-liter is that there's no baffle so when the pickup moves side to side and forward especially after a flight time your chances of getting more into the MAP tank increase a lot.
I just swapped out the brass pickup for his largest felt pickup and them drilled out the metal to increase the flow.
I'm running a 240 Swiwin in mine and at 3400', with a lost of but 15-18% power so your 220 will have alot of thrust.
The Gear you can go with NG about you have to use the 200Pro only and run 11.1 volt 3cell Lipo, good choice.
Have you used these Promodeler servos, I like what I've read but nobody around here has used them.
It sounds like you will have a "Rocket" when done.
Do you know if the 5L tank from Carlos has baffles?

I have Promodeler servos in some of my Extreme Flight planes as well as in my Black Horse Viper MKII and L-39. They have been excellent servos for me, while at the same time I've gone thru, (busted) a few big name servos in comparison.
Old 11-17-2022, 04:18 PM
Skunkwrks

Powerbox changed the Mercury when they added the SR2 to the name in that it no longer has the gyro built in. You need the iGyro Sat like everyone else now.

I was going to order the 5L tank as some had expressed that would have been their choice back when Carlos came out with the tank for the Pro. Truthfully, I want to land after 5-6 min of spirited flying, so the 5L shout do me well I think. I also considered Carlos" tank with the 300ml UAT built in but some seasoned jet friends argued that you really want to be able to see inside the UAT to make sure there are no air issues so I backtracked on that.
It is best to keep the Map tank separated from the main tank and just use evry Map /UAT tank you want. I didn't believe there are baffles in his tank, now saying that as long as you use like 6mm tubing thats flexible like Viton you will be fine. Remember that a 7-9cmm piece of tube goes in . I have a photo as i was reinstalling my clunk with viton tubing.
Old 11-17-2022, 04:28 PM
Skunkwrks

Do you know if the 5L tank from Carlos has baffles?

I have Promodeler servos in some of my Extreme Flight planes as well as in my Black Horse Viper MKII and L-39. They have been excellent servos for me, while at the same time I've gone thru, (busted) a few big name servos in comparison.

So here is the pickup Carlos use this Tygon 8mm tube which i think is overkill, I change it out for 6mm inner diameter tubing with the brass install .
That pickup is the standard use of Carlos, but I'm sure you can swap out whatever he put into the tank .
I just prefer the Viton as it doesn't age or go hard like Tygon as is a lot more flexible.
Ah yes servos, I've been having issues with one brand burning up when they don't have any load on them, the manufacturer is ignoring the warranty as these were new out of the box. Needless to say I need seven new one for my Pro for next season.
Racer686 (11-17-2022)
Old 11-17-2022, 04:36 PM
Skunkwrks

With regards to the size of tank, I'm getting 9:30 per flight at 2/3ish throttle and still having about 1,7 litres after landing, time doesn't start till the gear goes up.
I weighted (CG) my Rebel with about 1/4 tank , 1.5 liters fuel and full Map tank (6 oz) this gives me some ballast forward and I'm at 15mm ahead of the rear tube.
Netural is at the back of the wing tube something to consider when assembling.
Old 11-17-2022, 05:42 PM
sewbusy

I had to correct myself…Sorry.

Last edited by sewbusy; 11-17-2022 at 05:45 PM.
Old 11-17-2022, 05:53 PM
sewbusy

Yes, you are correct about that. 👍
Old 11-18-2022, 08:27 AM
winter1

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

So here is the pickup Carlos use this Tygon 8mm tube which i think is overkill, I change it out for 6mm inner diameter tubing with the brass install .
That pickup is the standard use of Carlos, but I'm sure you can swap out whatever he put into the tank .
I just prefer the Viton as it doesn't age or go hard like Tygon as is a lot more flexible.
Ah yes servos, I've been having issues with one brand burning up when they don't have any load on them, the manufacturer is ignoring the warranty as these were new out of the box. Needless to say I need seven new one for my Pro for next season.
For a 240N turbine, a 8mm diameter fuel feed line is fine. I wouldn't risk 6 mm. Carlos knows what he's doing and why. ***winter***
Old 11-18-2022, 08:56 AM
Skunkwrks

Originally Posted by Agrav8ed
I also have a pro on the boat in a color swap Infinity scheme. Decided to replace my deceased rebel classic. I order a 6L tank from Carlos also but with 5L fuel and one liter of smoke. My plan is also to use a Swiwin 220n. One of the guys at my club was impressed so much by my Classic that he ordered his own and that is on the boat also. Looks like alot of us will be getting Rebels in January.
Thanks,
Tone
Yes seems like the Rebel is the hot ticket, I'm very impressed with how it flies. After i maiden my Pro fellow jet pilots guys from Vancouver Washington ordered a 2M classic as they were so impressed by how mine flew.
Heard that Carf doesn't have any Rebels in stock, so this container should have a lot of backorders of Rebels.
Old 11-18-2022, 10:51 AM
Racer686

Does anyone have a shot of the reinforcement you did under the equipment tray to solidify it for things like a gyro?
Old 11-18-2022, 12:15 PM
sewbusy

Does anyone have a shot of the reinforcement you did under the equipment tray to solidify it for things like a gyro?
I bought this from a friend of mine who also has a Rebel Pro. He had a complete layout laser cut plywood for everything, including battery trays and the strengthening section which is glued on below the top section where you are inquiring

about. If you would like, I can check him (Joe Allen) to see if he would do some more for anyone interested. If he wants to, I will give you the direct contact so you can talk with him.
Wayne
Old 11-18-2022, 12:27 PM
Agrav8ed

Received 58 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by sewbusy
I bought this from a friend of mine who also has a Rebel Pro. He had a complete layout laser cut plywood for everything, including battery trays and the strengthening section which is glued on below the top section where you are inquiring

about. If you would like, I can check him (Joe Allen) to see if he would do some more for anyone interested. If he wants to, I will give you the direct contact so you can talk with him.
Wayne
The second I saw that pic my first thought was "that looks like Joe's work" lol. Joe is a good guy and does great work. I plan on getting a tray from him also.
Thanks,
Tone

Last edited by Agrav8ed; 11-18-2022 at 07:45 PM.
Old 11-18-2022, 05:41 PM
Skunkwrks

I traced the upper outline and measured the reinforcement rib near the rear of the deck . Used 3/32 5ply wood and glue it to fibreglass for torsional support.
You don't require all that Lazer cutout wood, I haven't seen one with all the support wood in it.
The idea is to keep it as light as possible maybe some photos would be nice to see. Wayne!

Last edited by Skunkwrks; 11-18-2022 at 05:48 PM.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.