Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Carf rebel pro

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Carf rebel pro

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2022, 10:28 AM
Skunkwrks

Received 66 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Dansy
Even with full telemetry, sometime (like most of the times)it’s extremely hard to pin point the exact cause……since you can’t really duplicate with another planes….too many differences.

Sad, and yes only fly jets you can afford to loose in a seconds….it happen to all of us.
Lost one in seconds of taking off this July, gut-wrenching feeling. Did save the electronics but airframe is a write-off.

Last edited by Skunkwrks; 12-06-2022 at 10:39 AM.
Old 12-06-2022, 10:40 AM
essyou35
My Feedback: (11)

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Skunkwrks
Lots one in seconds of taking off this July, gut-wrenching feeling.
Part of the game, and sometimes its just due to bad luck. Radio hits, bad wind, bad fuel, etc etc. Its part of the risk. I think most of us know what we are doing and are just victims of things out of our control.
The following 2 users liked this post by essyou35:
Canadian Man (12-06-2022), Skunkwrks (12-06-2022)
Old 12-06-2022, 10:44 AM
Skunkwrks

Agree, sometimes STUFF happens..!
The following users liked this post:
sewbusy (12-06-2022)
Old 12-07-2022, 01:59 PM
LimitDwn
My Feedback: (21)

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by essyou35
Unfortunately I never hooked up the telemetry. I did correct the first roll and it was fine for a second then did a bunch of rolls, so it was not a locked servo. It had to be radio interference it really the likely culprit. This radio I have is new to me and I have only have a few flights on it. My older futaba never had even a single hiccup.

Ill have to fly some edf and test it out good and see if it repeats. I had this issue with a spektrum radio years ago and lost several planes.
I read the thread and all the talk about possible radio issues, I have one question since i did not see it mentioned, is there a new or old cell tower that might have been up graded to 5G? I only ask since this past summer I was talking a fellow jet flyer at are local club and he was at an event and three jets went in with three different radio types and the only known common thing was that a cell tower close to the field was upgraded with 5G.

Robert
Old 12-12-2022, 07:53 AM
essyou35

Just quick update, and I know this is RARE and may seem like Im trying to save face, but I took a big HSD 105mm EDF out yesterday and set it up on my radio. Several club member present. On my first circuit, in the direction of the houses, the jet did the same thing. It started rolling, I would un roll it, then it would roll the other way and then it started rolling FAST and went in. It was nearly identical to what happened to the rebel. This was a completely different RX as well using FAST instead of FASTEST.

There is definitely an issue with this radio. Im able to fly my small heli ok with it but that stays pretty close.

Im no longer allowed to use my radio at the club until I get it check out, but I know how this goes that futaba will say it checks out OK.
Im not bashing futaba but there is an issue here with this specific radio in my hands. So a new radio it is.

Edit: Note the servo monitor does not show any wonky movements on the ground.

Last edited by essyou35; 12-12-2022 at 07:56 AM.
Old 12-12-2022, 07:56 AM
BarracudaHockey

Received 357 Likes on 287 Posts

May I humbly suggest a Core or Atom? It's all I fly my jets and big scale heli's on.
Old 12-12-2022, 08:01 AM
essyou35

Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey
May I humbly suggest a Core or Atom? It's all I fly my jets and big scale heli's on.
Yeah im leaning towards that but they are never in stock. Regardless of the radio there is someone who always had issues lol. JETI is also something Im looking into.
Old 12-12-2022, 08:16 AM
BarracudaHockey

Yeah im leaning towards that but they are never in stock. Regardless of the radio there is someone who always had issues lol. JETI is also something Im looking into.
I'm not sure about PBA but I know for a fact Aeropanda has both the Core and Atom in stock as we speak.

If you're interested in the reviews I did feel free to PM me your email
Old 12-12-2022, 09:05 AM
Skunkwrks

Talking

Yes, Aeropanda also carries a full line of Jeti radios and Manny is very knowledgeable about how to get the best out of the equipment .
Jeti are great radios!
Old 12-12-2022, 10:19 AM
Racer686

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

I just got the Core from Powerbox Americas, I ordered it 2 weeks ago and it came in this week and was shipped (should be in my hands in a few days). Aeropanda also as others have noted keep both Core and Atom in stock usually.
Old 12-12-2022, 10:32 AM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 160 Likes on 143 Posts

I would suggest Jeti......it's a fully mature system.
The following 2 users liked this post by Dansy:
Canadian Man (12-12-2022), RickP (12-13-2022)
Old 12-12-2022, 10:43 AM
BarracudaHockey

I would suggest Jeti......it's a fully mature system.
You mean "old" ?

sorry I couldn't resist.

Great system, extremely flexible, terrible to learn how to program and I personally don't like the feel.
Old 12-12-2022, 11:10 AM
Racer686

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

You mean "old" ?

sorry I couldn't resist.

Great system, extremely flexible, terrible to learn how to program and I personally don't like the feel.
I watched a ton of Harry C videos on Jeti programming and I was always thinking "I did this, now why do I have to do that, and then that (and sometimes, and that) to get something to work". Core programming just makes linear sense to me so I bought it.
Old 12-12-2022, 11:22 AM
Dansy

You mean "old" ?

sorry I couldn't resist.

Wasn’t expecting anything from a Core users…can’t understand a complete system when they see one
Skunkwrks (12-12-2022)
Old 12-12-2022, 12:00 PM
David Gladwin

Received 146 Likes on 94 Posts

Wasn’t expecting anything from a Core users…can’t understand a complete system when they see one
Actually we do !
I am sure Jeti makes a very, very, good radio, Powerbox had to work VERY hard to make a better one !
Old 12-12-2022, 12:05 PM
Dansy

Originally Posted by David Gladwin
Actually we do !
I am sure Jeti makes a very, very, good radio, Powerbox had to work VERY hard to make a better one !
There’s David the post commercial……trying y’a sure and failing……
Old 12-12-2022, 04:25 PM
Skunkwrks

Originally Posted by Racer686
I watched a ton of Harry C videos on Jeti programming and I was always thinking "I did this, now why do I have to do that, and then that (and sometimes, and that) to get something to work". Core programming just makes linear sense to me so I bought it.
If you find Core Linear than Jeti would be alot easier, that's what others who have used both found Jeti is better programming for large complex aircraft.

Old 12-12-2022, 06:01 PM
LimitDwn

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Just quick update, and I know this is RARE and may seem like Im trying to save face, but I took a big HSD 105mm EDF out yesterday and set it up on my radio. Several club member present. On my first circuit, in the direction of the houses, the jet did the same thing. It started rolling, I would un roll it, then it would roll the other way and then it started rolling FAST and went in. It was nearly identical to what happened to the rebel. This was a completely different RX as well using FAST instead of FASTEST.

There is definitely an issue with this radio. Im able to fly my small heli ok with it but that stays pretty close.

Im no longer allowed to use my radio at the club until I get it check out, but I know how this goes that futaba will say it checks out OK.
Im not bashing futaba but there is an issue here with this specific radio in my hands. So a new radio it is.

Edit: Note the servo monitor does not show any wonky movements on the ground.
Before you you say its the radio, this erratic flight that you have seen does it happen any where else when you fly out as fare as the houses? It seems very odd that this appears to only happen in one place where you fly. I have been flying Futaba since the days of the gold box and current fly an 18mz and I have never had a control issue and yes I fly out as fare as 2500” in one direction. In all my flying I have only ever seen once a Futaba have a signal loss and this was due to an antenna position on the transmitter not being correct. It was at 45 deg and not 90 deg.

Robert
Old 12-18-2022, 04:03 AM
sewbusy

Received 59 Likes on 36 Posts

This thread got me interested in the Rebel Pro…Thanks guys! I was flying a 3m Leonardo prior to this. There has been many mentions of F3S Jet flying and it is apparent that several of you guys have an aerobatics background that you are/have explored with your jets. F3S is a growing segment of precision aerobatics administered by the FAI.

My new Rebel Pro just arrived and I will be flying her strictly in F3S. Instead of adding any build here, as it has already been done by many, I’ll probably start a different thread, dedicated to F3S Jet aerobatics.

I have already started on the installation of the 6L Kevlar tank from CM jets and after shaving the former and also the sandwich former, I’m ready to glue it to the tank. My question is directed to “Dansy” ….. I noticed in one of your posts, you showed a very simple method of securing the rear of the tank with an L shaped bracket.
(1)Below the brace that is glued/anchored on the former just behind the wing tube sleeve, what do you have from the top of the tube to the bottom of the brace?
(2) Do you have any thoughts/issues of that former being under stress/broken with any “misadventures” of a pilot?

Here is a photo of my new wife! 🤣
Wayne

The following 3 users liked this post by sewbusy:
Kenrico (12-18-2022), paulhat (12-18-2022), rc4flying (12-18-2022)
Old 12-18-2022, 04:18 AM
BarracudaHockey

Love the color scheme Wayne!
sewbusy (12-18-2022)
Old 12-18-2022, 06:02 AM
Dansy

Originally Posted by sewbusy
This thread got me interested in the Rebel Pro…Thanks guys! I was flying a 3m Leonardo prior to this. There has been many mentions of F3S Jet flying and it is apparent that several of you guys have an aerobatics background that you are/have explored with your jets. F3S is a growing segment of precision aerobatics administered by the FAI.

My new Rebel Pro just arrived and I will be flying her strictly in F3S. Instead of adding any build here, as it has already been done by many, I’ll probably start a different thread, dedicated to F3S Jet aerobatics.

I have already started on the installation of the 6L Kevlar tank from CM jets and after shaving the former and also the sandwich former, I’m ready to glue it to the tank. My question is directed to “Dansy” ….. I noticed in one of your posts, you showed a very simple method of securing the rear of the tank with an L shaped bracket.
(1)Below the brace that is glued/anchored on the former just behind the wing tube sleeve, what do you have from the top of the tube to the bottom of the brace?
(2) Do you have any thoughts/issues of that former being under stress/broken with any “misadventures” of a pilot?

Here is a photo of my new wife! 🤣
Wayne
The way I mounted the tank didn’t cause any problems at all….the jets has literally flown 100’s of flights of grass field, and is still going strong.

I was a little force since I was working with a used Pirotti RP tank that was previously mounted in a Pirotti, the front former opening wasn’t big enough…so I enlarge that to just fit the tank, with a empty large spray can with sand paper glue to it….and when around and around until it just fit, so no fastener required up front….

Made the little platform for the back, I was also integrating a smoke tank, support on both side, shape both side to the size of the sleeve….hysol all that in, I also Hysol the former behind the sleeve.
sewbusy (12-18-2022)
Old 12-18-2022, 07:26 AM
sewbusy

Received 59 Likes on 36 Posts

Thanks for the clear photos! That makes it much easier to follow. I do appreciate it.
Old 12-18-2022, 08:19 AM
rc4flying

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Wayne,
Your scheme looks awesome. Can't wait to see the whole plane together.
Hope you enjoy the plane.
sewbusy (12-18-2022)
Old 12-18-2022, 09:03 AM
Dansy

Originally Posted by sewbusy
Thanks for the clear photos! That makes it much easier to follow. I do appreciate it.
Your most welcome
Old 12-27-2022, 08:00 AM
h+r+h

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dccatl
Anyone have a Rebel Pro flying with the new fuel tank fittings that CARF is now providing? I'm in the middle of assembling my Pro and it seems the the main fuel fitting although plumbed for 4mm ID fuel line, the actual nipple inside the bung is only 3 mm ID, worse, the vent fitting only has 2.5 mm ID. Is that going to be adequate for a 210 turbine? I was planning on using 6mm ID for suction and vent lines.

Also i think that the ID of the original main fuel fitting is to small.
How did you solve this problem?

regards Hermann

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.