Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Carf rebel pro

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Carf rebel pro

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2023, 04:07 PM
jvaliensi
My Feedback: (1)

Received 113 Likes on 91 Posts

I found that the surface of the composites need to really be sanded well to get epoxy to bond to it reliable.
Old 01-31-2023, 08:47 AM
sewbusy

Received 59 Likes on 36 Posts

I finished the right wing flap & aileron setup yesterday and final installed the vertical stab/rudder this morning. Something that I did to secure the back end of the vertical stab. I glued in a ply plate at the very back end of the vertical stab as when the front was screwed down, the back was about 1/16" off of the plate. I drilled through and used a screw to hold the back down and now it's solid.
Time for rolling loops practice!!
Wayne

The following users liked this post:
bodywerks (04-06-2023)
Old 01-31-2023, 09:34 AM
Skunkwrks

Received 66 Likes on 60 Posts

Wayne that's a good tip trick for the Rudder, makes it more firmly attached to the fuse and easy to access .
I still like your color scheme should really pop in the sky
sewbusy (01-31-2023)
Old 01-31-2023, 09:38 AM
smcharg

Received 124 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by sewbusy
I finished the right wing flap & aileron setup yesterday and final installed the vertical stab/rudder this morning. Something that I did to secure the back end of the vertical stab. I glued in a ply plate at the very back end of the vertical stab as when the front was screwed down, the back was about 1/16" off of the plate. I drilled through and used a screw to hold the back down and now it's solid.
Time for rolling loops practice!!
Wayne
There aren't any rolling loops in F3S P, Wayne!!

Love that idea. While I haven't had any issues, this is fantastic, man.
sewbusy (01-31-2023)
Old 01-31-2023, 09:43 AM
Skunkwrks

Originally Posted by smcharg

Love that idea. While I haven't had any issues, this is a fantastic idea, man.
I believe that's how Wayne warms up , a couple of fellow flyers I fly with like doing the rolling loops. Lol

Old 01-31-2023, 09:51 AM
sewbusy

Love that idea. While I haven't had any issues, this is fantastic, man.
Hey Scott.... THANKS for all your phone consultations!! I hope the invoice doesn't put me into cardiac arrest!!
I may step up to Archie & Mike McConville's class and fly the "F" sequence!! That one has the rolling loop in it....PLUS...There are only 2 competitors in that class...so at least I'm guaranteed 3rd place!!
W
Skunkwrks (01-31-2023)
Old 01-31-2023, 09:53 AM
Skunkwrks

This schedule" F", is very advanced similar to unlimited in Imac

Last edited by Skunkwrks; 01-31-2023 at 10:01 AM.
Old 01-31-2023, 09:57 AM
smcharg

Copy that. No worries on the phone calls man. I enjoy our conversations. Yeah, the F- sequence is pretty cool. I've already flown it a few times but not sure I'd be OK with Archie beating me....maybe.
sewbusy (01-31-2023)
Old 01-31-2023, 09:59 AM
sewbusy

Originally Posted by Skunkwrks
Wayne that's a good tip trick for the Rudder, makes it more firmly attached to the fuse and easy to access .
I still like your color scheme should really pop in the sky
THANKS!! Yes...my eyes just see those colors better!
One thing I forgot to mention...Since the center section of the vertical stab has a "gob" (raised) of glue along the center line, I didn't want to drill right through there, possibly causing both halves to split...so I offset the hole slightly to the right.
W
Skunkwrks (01-31-2023)
Old 03-23-2023, 05:27 AM
sewbusy

Work progressing on my Pro.....a bit slow as business has picked up and the Joe Nall is also around the corner, where we do the embroidery for the event.
After installing the L/Gears, I've now finished running all the wires for the jet and now I have to secure those wires that are like Atlanta's "spaghetti junction" below the deck. On the front gear, I decided to install it above the platform as opposed to everyone installing it below. I checked with CARF before doing it & they said "go for it!" It will have a slight nose down attitude like a race car! If I don't like how it works...it will be a simple matter of just switching it below.

The final piece of the puzzle is to run all the fuel tubing and secure them. I plan on running the KT235 G4+ next weekend and maiden her on the first weekend in April or just before if the weather permits. She is about 8.5lbs lighter than my Leonardo....so I can see a bright future with this baby. I will be competing in the F3S class of FAI at the Jet Nationals in August. We have quite a few jet pilots who have already registered to attend and expect a few more to jump off the fence before the event rolls around.
Wayne

bodywerks (03-29-2023)
Old 03-23-2023, 06:28 AM
smcharg

I'm a little jealous of your Kingtech LCD screen. I have the same engine and mine is the old screen. I like that much more gooder.

Great job, Wayne!
Old 03-23-2023, 07:04 AM
sewbusy

I'm a little jealous of your Kingtech LCD screen. I have the same engine and mine is the old screen. I like that much more gooder.

Great job, Wayne!
Thanks Scott!! From what I understand from Vera @ KingTech, the new screen is what contains the software to display the updated visuals. So, if I had used the older screen it would show the previous visuals.
W

Old 03-23-2023, 07:10 AM
smcharg

I'll holler at Vera and see if I can update the firmware to this version.
sewbusy (03-23-2023)
Old 03-23-2023, 07:20 AM
sewbusy

I'm not sure if it's possible to update the software in the screen. This screen is slightly taller but the same width & I notice that at the lower section it shows a version 1.07 software.
Vera will advise what can be done.
W
Old 03-23-2023, 07:30 AM
smcharg

It may be possible to just buy a new screen assuming it will still get along with the ECU. Guess we shall see.
Old 03-23-2023, 10:01 AM
Skunkwrks

Wayne, I was thinking about your build a couple of days ago, it's great progress and I like the layout.
So with Powerbox, can't you have the engine telemetry on your Tx display screens? With my Swiwin and Jeti Tx, I can display all the engine telemetry on a screen page.
I'm sure Powerbox can display all this . Still love the scheme and colours you used and weight saving it will be a Rocket in and above sealevel.
Russ
Old 03-23-2023, 10:14 AM
Racer686

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks for bringing up the nose gear Sewbusy. That is the next step for me in my build. Is it the way most people marked the retract position, by mounting the retract on top, mark the holes, drill then transfer the retract to the bottom and mount?

Peter
Old 03-23-2023, 10:14 AM
smcharg

Russ,
Jeti and CORE TX's can display the information through his Competition SR2. Futaba requires a separate telemetry sensor. I bought mine from Lior Zahavi - i3dm on YouTube and Facebook. It plugs right into the S Bus on RX1 and then has all the telemetry for the turbine.
Old 03-23-2023, 10:16 AM
smcharg

Originally Posted by Racer686
Thanks for bringing up the nose gear Sewbusy. That is the next step for me in my build. Is it the way most people marked the retract position, by mounting the retract on top, mark the holes, drill then transfer the retract to the bottom and mount?

Peter
Peter, the way you described is correct. Wayne mounted his opposite which should be fine. It'll just have a little more nose-down profile on the ground. The nose is so light, it certainly won't hurt anything. Most mount from the bottom.
Old 03-23-2023, 10:25 AM
sewbusy

Originally Posted by Skunkwrks
Wayne, I was thinking about your build a couple of days ago, it's great progress and I like the layout.
So with Powerbox, can't you have the engine telemetry on your Tx display screens? With my Swiwin and Jeti Tx, I can display all the engine telemetry on a screen page.
I'm sure Powerbox can display all this . Still love the scheme and colours you used and weight saving it will be a Rocket in and above sealevel.
Russ
Thanks Russ.... I'm using a JR 28X radio system, so I would have to get a separate sensor (similar to what Scott noted above). However, I want to open my canopy each and every time I am starting up the turbine...so I really don't need a display on my radio when I already have one on the Rebel Pro. Furthermore, I've stood beside pilots flying with a JETI system and all I could hear was chatter from their radio throughout the entire flight...telling them this and that!! When flying a sequence (which is what I do) distractions are not needed.

I guess to each his/her own.
Wayne
Skunkwrks (03-23-2023)
Old 03-23-2023, 10:34 AM
sewbusy

Peter
Hi there Peter...as Scott noted above, that method (marking the holes from above) is probably the best/easiest way of getting the holes right. I did find that using Electron's manual controller was the best way to get the gear centered in the pre-cut hole from the factory. If I used the GS200, I would have had to stand by with my hands on the plug connection and pull it apart at the crisis time when it would crunch into the fuselage. I actually had to widen my pre-cut by 1/8" on one side.

Scott had mentioned it in his thread on the MAX and I just followed suit.... I would highly suggest (IF you're using Electrons) to get one of those.
Wayne

Old 03-23-2023, 10:47 AM
Racer686

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Hi there Peter...as Scott noted above, that method (marking the holes from above) is probably the best/easiest way of getting the holes right. I did find that using Electron's manual controller was the best way to get the gear centered in the pre-cut hole from the factory. If I used the GS200, I would have had to stand by with my hands on the plug connection and pull it apart at the crisis time when it would crunch into the fuselage. I actually had to widen my pre-cut by 1/8" on one side.

Scott had mentioned it in his thread on the MAX and I just followed suit.... I would highly suggest (IF you're using Electrons) to get one of those.
Wayne
Thanks guys. Wayne, I do have the manual controller and it was a life saver when attaching the mains and will be again when planning the nose gear position.

Cheers,
Peter
The following 2 users liked this post by Racer686:
sewbusy (03-23-2023), Skunkwrks (03-23-2023)
Old 03-23-2023, 01:17 PM
Skunkwrks

Russ,
Jeti and CORE TX's can display the information through his Competition SR2. Futaba requires a separate telemetry sensor. I bought mine from Lior Zahavi - i3dm on YouTube and Facebook. It plugs right into the S Bus on RX1 and then has all the telemetry for the turbine.
That's what I thought, but we do have many Core users up here. In the Jeti, its streams through the Telemrty port/input and I will be able to see the turbine on start easlier.
In the bright sun it's hard to see the data on the small screen, I must be getting old. Lol
Old 03-23-2023, 01:28 PM
Skunkwrks

Thanks Russ.... I'm using a JR 28X radio system, so I would have to get a separate sensor (similar to what Scott noted above). However, I want to open my canopy each and every time I am starting up the turbine...so I really don't need a display on my radio when I already have one on the Rebel Pro. Furthermore, I've stood beside pilots flying with a JETI system and all I could hear was chatter from their radio throughout the entire flight...telling them this and that!! When flying a sequence (which is what I do) distractions are not needed.

I guess to each his/her own.
Wayne
All the chatter can be eliminated, it's all adjustable in the menu to tell you if you say low rpm, for example, you don't have the chatter talking to you for each variable that on-screen like Turbine battery volts or low airspeed.
I to only like my caller to see the improtant screen info , i agree it's better for only extreme warning to be announced . Chad my friend finds the same thing with warings or alarms going off it can be very distracting while loosing focus of flying the aircraft.
Old 03-23-2023, 01:31 PM
Skunkwrks

Thanks guys. Wayne, I do have the manual controller and it was a life saver when attaching the mains and will be again when planning the nose gear position.

Cheers,
Peter
The Electron control works great when working on a wing, moving the gear to get to the servo flap or wiring . A must-have for this gear.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.