Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Carf rebel pro

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Carf rebel pro

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2022, 05:04 AM
smcharg
My Feedback: (1)

Received 124 Likes on 83 Posts

Russell,

You can't go off making superior claims like that without supplying a picture!
Old 01-21-2022, 06:02 AM
essyou35
My Feedback: (11)

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Good 2 know. I've never been a fan off fiberglass tanks. Thanks for the info I'm glad it's not ghetto atleast.

Originally Posted by Skunkwrks
Carf has upgraded theirs from a rubber pung stop to the screw in the Carlos uses but it's a five-litre, with cmjets you can get a five or the six-litre which they also use in the Rebel Max.
I'm going with a 240 Swiwin motor with my high altitude I treated myself to the six-litre tank, and it's huh in length.
I received mine the other day and Carlos did an excellent job will adding a few decals under the epoxy finish just to make it very professional looking.
The decals of Rebel Pro and his logo plus I asked for a JetA logo and Jeti logo with the wind sock and it looks great.

Russell
Old 01-21-2022, 02:56 PM
Skunkwrks

Received 66 Likes on 60 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by smcharg
Russell,

You can't go off making superior claims like that without supplying a picture!
There's the photos of my tank, hope this helps backing up my statement.

The following users liked this post:
smcharg (01-24-2022)
Old 01-21-2022, 03:02 PM
Skunkwrks

Originally Posted by essyou35
Good 2 know. I've never been a fan off fiberglass tanks. Thanks for the info I'm glad it's not ghetto atleast.
Carlos makes his tank with Kevlar material which is just about impossible to cut with sharp scissors.
When I order my Rebel Pro I was unaware that Carf upgrade their tank fittings, I just need a large tank than the factories five-litre.
Janvdh (12-13-2023)
Old 01-21-2022, 09:34 PM
essyou35

Does carf do the gear cutouts or do I have to cut?
Old 01-21-2022, 09:42 PM
Skunkwrks

Talking

Does carf do the gear cutouts or do I have to cut?
They are already cut out and the mounting bracket are all installed . Just align up the gear drill pilot holes and enlarge for blind nuts and bolts.
Not hard at all, did you order one or are you on the fence?

essyou35 (01-21-2022)
Old 01-21-2022, 09:51 PM
essyou35

I ordered. I got the red trim with the checkered flags so looking at june/July for non stock scheme.

I haven't been buying anything for a few years, is intairco still good stuff? I have a couple of the itraps but looks like not available in US?
Old 01-21-2022, 10:07 PM
Skunkwrks

That is a nice scheme, i ordered my in Cayman scheme in Yellow, should be here Feb-Mar .

The Intairo company went broke and remaining stock looks to be in Europe . I would rather use a Map tank, does exactly something and is a good hundred plus dollars cheaper.

Not as glamours but I plan on keeping my Map close to the engine and pump out of site, no need on spending 200-300 for a trap. Just my point of view.
Old 01-21-2022, 10:29 PM
essyou35

I have a mini map no issues. I guess I like eye candy. I want to get the cmjets tank too for eye candy reasons. It's only 50 bucks more than that ugly glass tank that carf sells.

But I do feel the itrap is a good product. I'm seeing some other brands that look similar. I'll look around I haven't bought anything new since 2018 and the landscape has changed. Is DreamWorks still the place to get stuff?
Old 01-21-2022, 10:43 PM
Skunkwrks

I think Intairco are good trap , just don't like have two gaskets at the need of a glass cylinder making a seal . Maps website https://www.modelaviationproducts.co...-accessories/6

Dreamworks is a very good place for the majority of Jet stuff you will need and they also are keeping stock fresh as the supply chain permitts.

Friend of mine purchase all his jet products from them, excluding radio and servo gear.

Also check out the other Turbine and landing gear manufactures website as it's usually quickier instead of going through a dealer like Dreamworks.
essyou35 (01-21-2022)
Old 01-21-2022, 10:48 PM
essyou35

I'll check it out. I may get that 6 oz high flow. I'll be back as I gear up. Gotta find some servos.
Old 01-21-2022, 10:52 PM
Skunkwrks

I'll check it out. I may get that 6 oz high flow. I'll be back as I gear up. Gotta find some servos.
Don't know your radio but I have come back to Jr servo's as they are very smooth, quiet and accurate. MKS I've used with very good success but are programable.

My friend is also a JR dealer as I just got eight Jr 8911 2K servos for my Rebel Pro , love the hardware and servos.

Old 01-22-2022, 04:51 AM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 160 Likes on 143 Posts

That is a nice scheme, i ordered my in Cayman scheme in Yellow, should be here Feb-Mar .

The Intairo company went broke and remaining stock looks to be in Europe . I would rather use a Map tank, does exactly something and is a good hundred plus dollars cheaper.

Not as glamours but I plan on keeping my Map close to the engine and pump out of site, no need on spending 200-300 for a trap. Just my point of view.
That’s not true….Intairco is still alive, Global Jet euro/USA took over the sell, while Peter still has part into it…..

Intairco is still one of the best UAT’s
Old 01-22-2022, 11:16 AM
Skunkwrks

Originally Posted by Dansy
That’s not true….Intairco is still alive, Global Jet euro/USA took over the sell, while Peter still has part into it…..

Intairco is still one of the best UAT’s
They were based in Austrailia and my friend who is there last year stated they were gone. Well that's good news if the Europeans have taken up manufacturing of the products.

They are being sold by Modellbau https://www.final-modellbau.de/en/intairco.html.

Dreamworks doesn't carry any Map tanks by Intarico , so finding them here in North America is a harder search.

Ooops my bad.

Last edited by Skunkwrks; 01-22-2022 at 02:34 PM.
Old 01-22-2022, 04:12 PM
essyou35

This is the biggest jet I've ever had. I did have a skymaster mig though, while not as big, the tail was HUGE. I tend to use hitech servos. 7954SH is my go to but I may be dated and not even sure those are available. They are HV programmable servos Ive come to trust.

Are they good for a jet this size? The control surfaces are fairly small compared to the flying tails Ive used them on.

Don't know your radio but I have come back to Jr servo's as they are very smooth, quiet and accurate. MKS I've used with very good success but are programable.

My friend is also a JR dealer as I just got eight Jr 8911 2K servos for my Rebel Pro , love the hardware and servos.
Old 01-22-2022, 08:34 PM
Skunkwrks

I depends if you running 6.6 Life or 7.4 Lipo batteries and looks to be out dated and are replaced with something else.
I would concern them with them not meeting the required 25kg and I've had and seen a lot buzzing because they can't center, but that's my experince.
As long as you can get parts should be good maybe ,look at the new brushless servos for the elevator and rudder from Hitec they have a lot load placed on them.
Old 01-23-2022, 06:09 PM
essyou35

I was researching, sounds like savox and MKS servos are the way to go these days? Very strange as they seem to made for Rc cars. I do like the futaba servos for SBUS as I currently run the 14sg radio. I know its cheap but I have thousands of flights across several jets without even a single hiccup. But I do like that new core radio. I may look at upgrading.

Whats your thoughts on using a powerbox? I like the idea of using 2 rxs with 10K flying around out there.

What are you using in yours?
Seen someone is using these, is this the way to go?
https://aeropanda.com/collections/fu...roducts/hbl599

Last edited by essyou35; 01-23-2022 at 07:23 PM.
Old 01-23-2022, 09:29 PM
Skunkwrks

You should look at the 8911S 2K JR servos, they are discontinuing the coreless but have a brushless version at but price point than the MKS's. Futaba servos are futaba, not really at the point of the spear and are more money than JR's...
Alot of guys like the core but it seems to be more limited in the multy later programming that the Jeti can do. Just from what I have heard and read about it and never owned one.
They are good radio it's just what you prefer , all the new radios use two receivers when you get into these size of planes. JR, Futaba,Jeti and even Spectrum use two satellites receives.
The Core and Jeti you can run a backup 900mhz receiver and one 2.4Ghz plus Jeti you can use a third receiver to turn on and off the plane.
You have should look up Harry Curzon on Youtube as he is the head teacher of the Jeti products to everybody.

I'm using a Jeti DS16 first genertaion tx with a CB210 power distribution box going to JR8911s 2K coreless servos on my jets. My Imac is Jeti with 200cb and MKS 599 servos and I haven't had issue with either setups.
JR's https://www.deeforce.net/product-page/s8911-bl-2k
It's more 14-16K when you have all the gear wing bags, leaf blower and all the stuff. Also a good source of JetA or Kerosene fuel.

Last edited by Skunkwrks; 01-23-2022 at 09:38 PM.
Old 01-24-2022, 03:48 AM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 160 Likes on 143 Posts

I was researching, sounds like savox and MKS servos are the way to go these days? Very strange as they seem to made for Rc cars. I do like the futaba servos for SBUS as I currently run the 14sg radio. I know its cheap but I have thousands of flights across several jets without even a single hiccup. But I do like that new core radio. I may look at upgrading.

Whats your thoughts on using a powerbox? I like the idea of using 2 rxs with 10K flying around out there.

What are you using in yours?
Seen someone is using these, is this the way to go?
https://aeropanda.com/collections/fu...roducts/hbl599
Can't go wrong with pretty any MKS I run them in all my jets……as for the TX Jeti DS/DC-24 can run 2x 2.4 and one 900, plus another R3 as a switch….

I don’t think I could go back to a regular TX been flying Jeti DC-16 and 24 since the beginning…..of Jeti North America….a Rebel Pro at least here in Canada is more like mid 15k….2x RX’s I feel is pretty much a must now days.
Old 01-24-2022, 05:27 AM
BarracudaHockey

Received 357 Likes on 287 Posts

The Powerbox Core is what I fly my jets and big scale helis on. It's an amazing radio system and the integration with the Powerbox devices and the telemetry and programming flexibility is amazing.
Old 01-24-2022, 09:19 AM
essyou35

On the Jeti OR Core, is the two rx thing truly redundant or is a 50/50 thing like futaba where if one RX goes out you lose half the jet. If Im going to get a powerbox it can do two rx in truly redundant mode but still one source of failure.
Old 01-24-2022, 09:33 AM
BarracudaHockey

Received 357 Likes on 287 Posts

In the powerbox setup its fully redundant. The 2 receivers feed the powerbox, whether a pioneer, SR2 etc, and then the servos are plugged into the powerbox unit in use. There's no half jet on one rx half on the other crap
essyou35 (01-24-2022)
Old 01-24-2022, 10:48 AM
Dave Wilshere

Received 736 Likes on 532 Posts

It’s all on PB’s web site. SRS serial receiver system. Once the model is booted up it will run on one Rx. The power system is probably the only true redundant one where there is duplication on circuits that power the Rx and Servos. The great thing about it sharing the power is the batteries don’t work so hard.
if you are not tech minded go with the Mercury, it’s very plug and play and 15 servo outputs is enough for most jets, especially now with Electron gear where the controller deals with doors etc.

No one can tell me why 900mHz on the Jeti is anything other than a sales tool. If the 2.4ghz bit is taken down by something like a microwave the 900mHz is toast before anyway.

The most important thing again reading your posts is go with something people near you know so they can help. Every system available now is better than things were 5-10 years ago and we did not have many falling from the sky then…other than the same operator issues that will take down the most secure sophisticated tech available!
Old 01-24-2022, 11:42 AM
smcharg
My Feedback: (1)

Received 124 Likes on 83 Posts

I'm a little late to this party but if you like eye candy (me too), look at the Digitech line of UATs. They are very similar to Intairco. Dreamworks sells them and Chief Aircraft does as well. Note - I had to order a 6mm fitting and they were completely out of stock everywhere except BoomaRC in Austrailia. I ordered it dreading the shipping to the US and to my lovely surprise, had it in less than 1 week. Great service.

Last edited by smcharg; 01-25-2022 at 05:25 AM.
essyou35 (01-24-2022)
Old 01-24-2022, 11:48 AM
Skunkwrks

Like Dave suggested get what others around you are using so you can get help.

I still love my Jeti radio after talking with the owner of Powerbox at the Tuscon shoot out he was very open to how his system was designed he said if he couldn't operate the system he sent it back to the engineers to correct it.

Very similar to Jeti but with his own ideas of how a radio should work, he said the 900mhz backup was because of European radio issues with signals and is used as a backup.

Your going to get FANBOYS who says their radios are the best but go with what you want, no bad choice here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.